Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY21 is out now

Views : 16789

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2020, 06:47   #21
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
True... i have seen it already. Also a new advanced filter for cabine that keeps consistently and constantly monitoring particles, dangerous ones, inside and outside the vehicle. First image on the link, in the first comment in this thread. I feel cheated. Just because i bought mine October 2018 and a little more than one year has passed and MY21 has already a bunch of new things, just like illuminated running boards as an accessory.

A lot of stuff already. To not mention interior, panel doors and seats also, outside shiny blacks for the R-Design. I have never seen any other brand doing this. What other brands do, is that they make a restyling in the middle of the model life and they change more or less according to their decisions. Sometimes it's just a slightly change on the optics, sometimes it's the front bumper or rear one also and some minor changes in the interior.

But they (other brands) do not do this. Every damn year according to this bull**** of MY19, MY20, MY21, Volvo is always making changes. It's unfair to the ones who bought the car before.

XC60 is a late 2017 car, when it came out.
It almost seems that XC60 was projected and made like some kinda of fast food order and then after it was out, they are putting things back together, year by year. Still completing it... this is the idea i have. All these new things coming with MY21, should have been already a reality back when XC60 came out.

Other brands don't do this... i really like my car but Volvo is still such a wannabe brand. Volvo wants to be premium and it might be already but for sure a long way distance from the Germans.

In 4/5 years from now, when i will buy a new car, keeping the tradition alive i hope, if i am in good health, physically and financially speaking, i almost bet it won't be another Volvo.

These are my sincere words about what i think. I had to say what is in my heart. Sometimes a little bit disappointed with this brand i chose for my actual car.
I honestly have no idea why you feel this way at all. The changes with each model year are generally very minor and sometimes almost non-existent. And why shouldn't Volvo improve its products from time to time to keep them competitive? They shouldn't have to introduce a whole new version just to make a few minor tweaks.
And actually all manufacturers do this.
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 09:28   #22
jamei305

Quote:
True... i have seen it already. Also a new advanced filter for cabine that keeps consistently and constantly monitoring particles, dangerous ones, inside and outside the vehicle. First image on the link, in the first comment in this thread. I feel cheated.
This feature is present in all SPA vehicles: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/h...olvo/cleanzone

The difference for MY21 appears to be that the display can give you more information about its operation. No big deal really.
jamei305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 09:59   #23
Dilinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamei305 View Post
This feature is present in all SPA vehicles: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/h...olvo/cleanzone

The difference for MY21 appears to be that the display can give you more information about its operation. No big deal really.
It's not the same. The one you are referring to is standard.
That one is an advanced one, offered as an extra.
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dilinger For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 11:39   #24
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
I have never seen any other brand doing this. What other brands do, is that they make a restyling in the middle of the model life and they change more or less according to their decisions. Sometimes it's just a slightly change on the optics, sometimes it's the front bumper or rear one also and some minor changes in the interior.

But they (other brands) do not do this. Every damn year according to this bull**** of MY19, MY20, MY21, Volvo is always making changes. It's unfair to the ones who bought the car before.
Other brands do this. Specs change every year. In fact, some brands badge a mild refresh as a brand new car! Volvo haven't done that - the XC90 is now 6 years old, and they haven't launched any refresh as a "new car" - it's tweaks here and there, and 6 years is a long time in the current market for keeping the same car more or less the same.

Also, sales figures tend to decrease the older the car becomes, so to keep sales figures steady, they add more equipment as standard. Equally, in 6 years, a lot of technology has moved on so they need to develop extra features to keep up.

It's unfair to call it "unfair". You buy a product at a point in time, and technology moves on. If you bought your HD TV 5 years ago for say £500, would it be unfair that you only had an HD one but the equivalently priced model at £500 is now 4k resolution?

It's just how it works.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 12:20   #25
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Other brands do this.
Of course they do, but some want changes to stop after they bought something,
probably to preserve the feeling that they still have the most recent thing.
But some things don't change for the better, I find things in the specs of the more
recent MY's that I like less than was the case when I ordered the car.
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 13:12   #26
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
Of course they do, but some want changes to stop after they bought something,
probably to preserve the feeling that they still have the most recent thing.
The manufacturers want to keep making changes so you keep buying the next thing They're not going to stop to suit buyers - once you've bought yours, they're on the lookout for the next buyer

By and large, the XC90 looks the same today as it did at launch in 2014, ditto the XC60 in 2016/7. They've not fundamentally changed. Few bits here and there, nothing major that impacts how others perceive it. Both cars still feel "recent". I think moreso as they got the visual styling and design right at the outset, and it looked advanced for it's time at launch.

Last edited by soupytwister; Feb 18th, 2020 at 13:15.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 13:21   #27
WhatNext?

I doubt the XC60 will have this.

The refreshed XC90 does not have the new OS nor wireless charging.

I think the picture you posted is the pure electric version of a CMA derived car
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 14:35   #28
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
By and large, the XC90 looks the same today as it did at launch in 2014, ditto the XC60 in 2016/7. They've not fundamentally changed. Few bits here and there, nothing major that impacts how others perceive it. Both cars still feel "recent". I think moreso as they got the visual styling and design right at the outset, and it looked advanced for it's time at launch.
Indeed, no reason to complain whatsoever about the small changes.
Of course there may always be something desirable that becomes available shortly after the car is bought.
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 16:06   #29
Dilinger

new badging....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ??????????? 2020-02-18, 5.52.36 ??.jpg (61.3 KB, 84 views)
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 16:09   #30
Dilinger

wireless cellphone charging
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ??????????? 2020-02-18, 6.08.15 ??.jpg (71.1 KB, 110 views)