Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking heater (pre-heating car)

Views : 28912

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 13:13   #11
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

A lot cheaper than the volvo option and I will liaise with Steve Mead the kenlowe ceo on a possible deal for volvo xc90 forum members. Just waiting for him to get back to me on the insurance implications and a few spec details.

edit
might consider giving this Item number: 260692266097 on ebay a go....?

Last edited by bobdabuilda; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 14:00.
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 16:24   #12
youngcantt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
A lot cheaper than the volvo option and I will liaise with Steve Mead the kenlowe ceo on a possible deal for volvo xc90 forum members. Just waiting for him to get back to me on the insurance implications and a few spec details.

edit
might consider giving this Item number: 260692266097 on ebay a go....?
Just given Kenlowe a call to ask for a price, while talking to them I enquired about a possible discount. Spoke to Geoff, who was very helpful and suggested that if a minimum of 3 units were ordered at onetime he could offer a good discount. Price quoted by him for a V70, D5 was £302.63 for the standard heater (£366.00 if interior heating is required). Both prices are before discount. I also called a mechanic who installs them, his price was £110.00.

These prices are starting to make me think that this may be installed before Christmas!!
youngcantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2010, 19:23   #13
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

What discounted price did Geoff offer? Was it less than £265 delivered as this is the price to beat!
Old Nov 24th, 2010, 06:45   #14
youngcantt

Talking

Quote:
What discounted price did Geoff offer? Was it less than £265 delivered as this is the price to beat!
He didn't say, but £265 is a good price. I've also found another good source of genuine Volvo diesel fired heaters (which I prefer), that is German Ebay. Parking heater in German is Standheizung. If you also include Volvo in the search it will help. I've brought a few things through this site and don't speak a word of German, but found the best use for the free Google translator!
Old Nov 24th, 2010, 06:51   #15
youngcantt

Quote:
Did he say how many need to be ordered at one time? As Geoff seemed reluctant to offer a discount if less than 3 were ordered at a time.
Old Nov 24th, 2010, 09:05   #16
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Not heard back from Ian yet but £265 is the best web price i could find
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 16:33   #17
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngcantt View Post
In Europe it can be fitted as an option, I've been told that as an option it's only about £400-£500. (When fitted new). The dealer may never of heard of it in the UK, (I had to explain to the parts department what it was, before he could search for it!!).
OK. It seems on at least the Exec model D5 you get the pre-heater as standard. By this I mean it's a system (second battery driven) to put warm air into the car (maybe the engine components too, I don't know). In its basic form it means warm air the moment you start the car, so no waiting for the engine to heat, however you can get a timer with two 'on' times (for morning and evening I guess) so that warm air will be in the car before you enter - ergo it will also defrost the windows.

This timer option costs €160 + VAT
Lycanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 16:37   #18
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Have heard back from Jeff and basically it's a minimum order of three units to get the item delivered inc vat for £266.

So to gauge interest can those who MAY be interested please post up a yay (non-committal at this stage until we know numbers and negotiate further)
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 18:32   #19
youngcantt

Quote:
Have heard back from Jeff and basically it's a minimum order of three units to get the item delivered inc vat for £266.

So to gauge interest can those who MAY be interested please post up a yay (non-committal at this stage until we know numbers and negotiate further)
Yes, you can prelim. me for one.
The Following User Says Thank You to youngcantt For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 20:52   #20
drpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
OK. It seems on at least the Exec model D5 you get the pre-heater as standard. By this I mean it's a system (second battery driven) to put warm air into the car (maybe the engine components too, I don't know). In its basic form it means warm air the moment you start the car, so no waiting for the engine to heat, however you can get a timer with two 'on' times (for morning and evening I guess) so that warm air will be in the car before you enter - ergo it will also defrost the windows.

This timer option costs €160 + VAT
Ooh, hope then for my new Exec, did you get this info from a dealer, would be interested to know more on functionality, whether it's interior pre heat only or plus engine or vice versa, when it kicks in etc, also interested to know if the timer option is dealer fit as at 160+VAT I'd definitely be tempted.

James.
drpepper is offline   Reply With Quote