Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is it a myth or do CNG V70 Volvo really exist?!

Views : 6701

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:09   #31
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
To clarify, it wasn't the vehicles that had issues, it ws the filling stations. All had frozen pipes, exactly how or why minus 8 did that I really don't understand after all, 0 degs or minus 8, should not make a differnce, well... I'd have thought.
The freezing point of LPG is around MINUS 134 degrees C, so I can't see that any filling station in this country - or on this planet - could ever actually get frozen LPG pipes!

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:39   #32
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Yes, my point entirely. Nonetheless the freeze stopped them, all three in my area, but I'm sure I was not gettign the whole story. Did the compressors freeze up, who knows?
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 15:31   #33
capt jack
VOC Member

Wink Or maybe........

..........could it be that the filling station staff didn't own Volvos and so couldn't get to work that day!

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 17:29   #34
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Default Well, to answer my own question, it is not a myth

Well, to answer my own original question, it is not a myth. Least ways if you want a Classic V70 Estate with 90K on a 'V' palte it isn't. Got one yesterday. It demonstrated teh usual ETM issues, and I think I can sort it.... he says gleefully, (and hopes). I'll get oen of those contactless ETM jobs.

Not really the model I wanted, but where CNG is concerned these things are so rare, it really is a case of beggars can't... Hobsons Choice. I'm pleased to get anything.

Just found this site. Go to http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ and you'll see under V70 Bifuel Classic, there were only 4 ever brought in to the country! Could explain the troube I've been having!

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Oct 20th, 2012 at 19:48.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 00:40   #35
pmgriffo
A griffo by name...

Default Not a v70. But it's a cng in Milton Keynes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-s60-...-/271133162813
pmgriffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:14   #36
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Having had mine for a few months I've jsut seen the Ebay ad for that one. Very rare. He wants more tahtn it's worth though
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 18:03   #37
Pete_c20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Yes, my point entirely. Nonetheless the freeze stopped them, all three in my area, but I'm sure I was not gettign the whole story. Did the compressors freeze up, who knows?
I've seen this in the past but for some reason not in the last 3-4 years. From memory it was a mechanical issue with the filling end. It had to be cold (like about -5degC or lower) before things froze up. And like Capt Jack I've seen the better fills on cold mornings, but then burning it on a warm/hot day also seemed to eeek more out of it. Expansion in the tank I guess before it shut-off.
Used to have a competition with the girlfriend to see who could get the most miles out of the S40 on LPG on one tank. When she edged ahead by filling on a freezing cold morning and then had a nice warm day, I accused her of cheating .
Pete_c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 00:40   #38
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Default CNG is the same

CNG is the same, cold days gives me another 20 miles range. There's an online calculator in 'Moles' and Kelvin that bears this out. Google it, you'll find it.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 17:11   #39
CPV70

Late to the thread but I had a CNG V70 - PJ55TZD.
Did about 85K in it. Fine car hampered by range problems - not enough range on CNG (170 miles) and a small (130 mile) petrol tank. That and of course a lack of filling network

Charles
CPV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 00:04   #40
mirizlivpor

I've got a '06 CNG V70 and it serves me alright. What symptoms do you encounter that lead you to think you have an ETM issue?
mirizlivpor is offline   Reply With Quote