Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General > S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar upgrade

Views : 1632

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 29th, 2023, 18:11   #1
AHV50

Default Polestar upgrade

Hi all, just checking if its worth upgrading to polestar option, d4 2018 would only go up by 10 bhp,and whats it cost? thanks
AHV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2023, 14:22   #2
Jamwhar

Default Don’t do it.

Hi
Don’t bother….it’s not worth the cost against performance. I had my S90 done and wished I’d kept the money in my wallet. You’re better off using the individual drive mode instead or just use the paddles in manual.
Jamwhar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamwhar For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2023, 18:36   #3
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

The torque increase is probably more relevant unless you spend your day's wt the high end of the rev range. Make your decision one way or another based upon that rather than peak power increase.
Old Jun 16th, 2023, 18:42   #4
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

I have it on my s90 d5, goes even more like a rocket. Also had it when my wife had a v40 d4, she said it was even better on that.

Bear in mind you'll need to advise your insurer, not all like such modifications.
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 14:39   #5
sk546
Master Member

As others have already mentioned, the mid-range torque increase is the biggest plus point with the Polestar Optimisation making overtakes and joining motorways much better and safer. For me, these figures and the in-gear acceleration timings are the most telling improvements rather than the peak HP figures.
However, power and torque aside, the best improvements in day to day driving is the improvements in gear shifting that comes with the Polestar optimisation. The gear shifts are faster, smoother and there is less 'dithering' from the gearbox when you are pulling out from side roads or off roundabouts, massive improvements in that respect (in all drive modes, not just Power/Polestar Mode) and probably the main reason to get the software.

Most dealerships will allow you to get the software installed and try it for upto 14 days. If not fully happy with the improvements, they will switch back to the original software and give a full refund.
Best option is to give it a try and if you don't like it, get it removed.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2023, 14:37   #6
wayneboone

Default Well worth it

Had my 2018 D4 Inscription done about 9 months ago.

Makes the car nicer to drive with more punch pretty much all through the rev range.

It get's updated regularly with improvements if you get it serviced at a main dealer, and I'm pretty sure there's an offer at the moment for £555.
wayneboone is offline   Reply With Quote