Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 R Auto Estate White

Views : 8106

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 17:04   #21
SimonConnell

Hi Steve - can you drop me a mail about the car? simonconnell /at/ hotmail \dot\ com
SimonConnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 18:05   #22
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonConnell View Post
Hi Steve - can you drop me a mail about the car? simonconnell /at/ hotmail \dot\ com
I have sent you an email with my landline number, if you have any questions give me a call or reply to the email
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 08:22   #23
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

Love your cars, would normally have bought. Anyway Ive posted about them on the xc90 section cause they are that nice!

Good Luck!
Bill Edmondson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 20:23   #24
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Annoyingly I'm not in the market until the end of August ... Shame really! If its still for sale come that point though ..

You say in your OP that you had a T4 engine fitted .. is this a typo or do you mean the same T4 thats in the S40/V40 etc?
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 22:10   #25
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villan View Post
Annoyingly I'm not in the market until the end of August ... Shame really! If its still for sale come that point though ..

You say in your OP that you had a T4 engine fitted .. is this a typo or do you mean the same T4 thats in the S40/V40 etc?
No it is not a typo but I should have given a full explanation as not everyone knows the engine varients.

The second phase of the 5 cylinder high pressure turbo engine that is found in the manual 850 R and phase one 70 series T5 is known as the T4 varient. It is not to be confused with the 40 series 4 cylinder high pressure turbo engine found in the T4. So in short it is the second phase of the T5 engine, it is alleged it has stronger conrods.

The engine has the better white injectors instead of orange
The turbo is a 16t instead of the 15g

The engine has done less than 140k miles same as turbo, the injectors have been reconditioned and done less than 1k miles. Hope this information helps if anyone needs more info just ask
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 22:20   #26
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Aha thanks for clearing that up - I was rather confused when I read it had a T4 engine! I did think it might have been a varient of the T5 - Just like I've heard of there being a T5 thats referred to as a T3 ...

Where abouts in the "South West" are you? (May already have been answered)
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 21:12   #27
st5ve
S60 R

Default Video

I thought about doing a video for a while as potential buyers seem to think Cornwall is at the end of the world! The video may help those who are thinking about viewing the car but are worried about travelling all the way down to sunny Cornwall and the car is not what they imagined. To be honest I don't know why more people don't use this facility to advertise their car.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 11:38   #28
FifeFlyer

Hi Steve, just called you about the car and just a quick post to confirm who I am on the forum.

See you soon

Brian
FifeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 15:05   #29
st5ve
S60 R

The car has been withdrawn for sale to allow Brian to view the car in the next couple of weeks. He is sending me a deposit in the next couple of days and I have agreed that should the car not live up to his expectations he can have the deposit back and the car will go back up for sale.
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 15:49   #30
turbo estate

Hi Steve,hope the sale goes through.

But still sad to see the white 855R go(so few of them,only know of 1 in holland)

gr,walter

ps,i think you be missing the old" girl"

Tags
volvo 850 r for sale