Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Td04hl-19t turbo for sale

Views : 8395

Replies : 89

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2012, 21:55   #11
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
why do you keep going on about an alan m who i dont know? its a proper 19t with a straight outlet exhaust housing, nothing to do with the wheel.
No it isnt a proper 19t is it as you have already stated..

Quote:
i'm sure you're not really going to ask me such a dumbass question as that? does it really matter? at some point it was on a 2000 plate v70r then it was taken off and someone has split the turbo and put a straight flange exhaust housing on making it an easier fitment for any t5, last rolling road was 311bhp, next one next week
So you dont know its history and where is the picture I asked for also take a picture of the ID tag..311bhp isn't much to brag about from a 19t.Now getting 308bhp from a 15g is bragging material..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villan View Post
Not that dumb a question.

You are selling it as a 19T, and "ultra rare" - yet it has since come out that its a Hybrid, and not a full 19T at all? Surely a defining characteristic of a 19T is the angled outlet?

Any play in the shaft? Damage to the wheels? Have you left the recirc valve on or blanked it? Will it come with a wastegate actuator? Does the straight outlet flow any differently to the angled? Better/Worse?

Come on, flesh your advert out a bit, you've been around enough forums to know how to write a good "for sale" post by now!
No point in asking for the wastegate as it will be the wrong one for the 19t being the more restrictive straight flange has been fitted..

Last edited by strbryan; Nov 14th, 2012 at 22:00.
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:00   #12
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Don't worry strbryan, I have a real 19T in my car.

I'm just asking the questions so the answers are in the thread incase someone who is interested in buying it comes along, it saves them having to ask the questions and wait for replies!
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:10   #13
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Don't worry strbryan, I have a real 19T in my car.

I'm just asking the questions so the answers are in the thread incase someone who is interested in buying it comes along, it saves them having to ask the questions and wait for replies!
I know mate, I was just answering the question for Frankie before he makes some crap about it not being important..
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:19   #14
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
No it isnt a proper 19t is it as you have already stated..

So you dont know its history and where is the picture I asked for also take a picture of the ID tag..311bhp isn't much to brag about from a 19t.Now getting 308bhp from a 15g is bragging material..

No point in asking for the wastegate as it will be the wrong one for the 19t being the more restrictive straight flange has been fitted..
the turbo itself is a 19t and has a 19t tag on, its still fitted at the moment, the map that was on it was conservative for a 19t but have since changed that, why trash soneones for sale thread? its a real 19t that is more accessable to to fit on most t5's where people cant afford a downpipe, i dont see the problem, all cos it aint got an angled exhaust exit, does hat really matter? its still a bloody 19t ffs, and as for 311 bhp , what did yours make at the rolling road villan?

visit my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/t5frankie?feature=mhee
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:27   #15
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Well, we decided not to run it after a shudder that decided to never show itself again.

The last time it was on a dyno - with the exact same setup its running at the moment - 248 at the wheels.

Using the following guestimator: http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php -

that gives me ~327 at the fly.

Running the calculation the other way round and putting the standard power of 265 at the crank in to the calculator, gives 199 .. which is the exact result the car got with the standard Volvo map. (Shows its not too far off accurate)

Theres no issue with you selling the turbo, but just make sure you advise that its had a housing change, didn't come like that as standard, and try and give some details. Hell, I wouldn't buy a turbo without asking those questions above.

Last edited by JamesV70R; Nov 14th, 2012 at 22:32.
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:30   #16
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Well, we decided not to run it after a shudder that decided to never show itself again.

The last time it was on a dyno - with the exact same setup its running at the moment - 248 at the wheels.

Using the following guestimator: http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php -

that gives me ~327 at the fly.

Running the calculation the other way round and putting the standard power of 265 at the crank in to the calculator, gives 199 .. which is the exact result the car got with the standard Volvo map. (Shows its not too far off accurate)
you cant estimate an auto 4wd, it wont be that much anyway

visit my youtube channel
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:32   #17
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
the turbo itself is a 19t and has a 19t tag on, its still fitted at the moment, the map that was on it was conservative for a 19t but have since changed that, why trash soneones for sale thread? its a real 19t that is more accessable to to fit on most t5's where people cant afford a downpipe, i dont see the problem, all cos it aint got an angled exhaust exit, does hat really matter? its still a bloody 19t ffs, and as for 311 bhp , what did yours make at the rolling road villan?
Why did you say its an 19t/18t hybrid if its a real 19t?No one is trashing your for sale thread what I am asking simple questions and making sure by doing so that it is indeed a real 19t.

Unlike you injector fore sale thread..
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:34   #18
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Why did you say its an 19t/18t hybrid if its a real 19t?No one is trashing your for sale thread what I am asking simple questions and making sure by doing so that it is indeed a real 19t.

Unlike you injector fore sale thread..
i just meant in the sense of mixing up the exhaust housings, nothing has changed compressor side, you have no interest in this turbo, so why give me a hard time about it?

visit my youtube channel
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:39   #19
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
i just meant in the sense of mixing up the exhaust housings, nothing has changed compressor side, you have no interest in this turbo, so why give me a hard time about it?
Why is asking questions regarding the things you are selling giving you a hard time?Unless you are hiding something and you don't like the questions..Who is to say I'm not interested in your turbo.Have I mentioned it anywhere in my posts..You still haven't produced any pictures of the turbo so until then I will be keeping hold of my cash..For all I know you haven't even got the turbo to sell..
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 22:41   #20
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Why is asking questions regarding the things you are selling giving you a hard time?Unless you are hiding something and you don't like the questions..Who is to say I'm not interested in your turbo.Have I mentioned it anywhere in my posts..You still haven't produced any pictures of the turbo so until then I will be keeping hold of my cash..For all I know you haven't even got the turbo to sell..
i'm a trusted seller, i will only take the turbo off the car if it sells, if it doesn't it will stay where it is, no point in photos as its still in situ, i wouldnt sell it to you for £1000

visit my youtube channel