Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Southampton meet?

Views : 9354

Replies : 154

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2013, 20:53   #101
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malteser View Post
Gutted I tried to phone Alex Gatos but must have had the wrong number
Damn it.... Reception was quite odd over there for some reason, but as Samwell has also mentioned, he had some issues getting through to me last week. It would have been nice to meet you too. I guess we will have to wait until the next time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwell View Post
Glad you got back ok! I was just about to message you. I suppose you got stuck in the traffic on the M27 and M3!!! It took me a while to get through all that... I was half expecting you guys to whiz past me. I think my sat nav took me the longest way home... but entertaining all the same! At one point, driving through the New Forest, I was just hoping there were no horses about to step out infront of me as the sun was coming through the windscreen and glasses and the sunvisor didnt seem to do the job!
Nah, we left a bit later and stop at Brockenhurst for Miki to buy something sweet. Traffic was OK on the M27 and we drove a steady 75ish most of the way. We had another detour near the M23 to get some fresh free range eggs from a farm I know and had a really nice drive through the woods on small and windy roads in complete darkness....

By the way, love your photos Sam. Really really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornishv40 View Post
We had good time at the meet, good to meet everyone Took about 4 hours to get home lol! Tired today but worth the trip!!!! Can't stop laughing about Gatos and his cum cream
I categorically deny this. What I said very clearly was CARAMELISED cream......... Not sure why you and everyone else there misheard what I said.....

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2013, 21:24   #102
tt82
Forum Support Team

Need more advance warning in future Alex, you might even have the event blessed with a few northeners if you did that.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 22:13   #103
Slackey
It's just a name!

Southampton is a bit of a trek for me (when I lived in South Wales it was only a couple of hours)

If we can arrange something a little more central I would be up for it. Plenty of good sites for a BBQ and a meet a little more central.

Previous: 2010 C70 2.0 SE Lux, 2004 V40 2.0 Sport Classic

Founder member of the X40 In Dash Cup Holder Owners Club 😋
Slackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 23:58   #104
maxivolvo

Alex you said cum cream! But meant to say cam cream
maxivolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 00:45   #105
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxivolvo View Post

As I said, you all misheard what I said....... and are now spreading rumours. I said CARAMELISED CREAM

There goes my good image and integrity

Nullius in Verba
Old May 8th, 2013, 13:30   #106
benf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post

You are more than welcome Benf, as you are an ex X40 member.

T4 is still parked outside my place, but headgasket is gone again, both wings are in poor shape, bumper support bar nut is broken so can't take it out and brake lines are on their last legs....... So most probably he going for breaking
Damn that sucks that the HG is gone again - any idea whats caused it to overheat ?
that kindoff makes it not worth fixing the (front) wings and replacing the brake lines :=( How much millage did you get out the old fart?

Sorry I didn't make this - I was busy with other stuff and pulled my back (ouch)
Old May 8th, 2013, 13:40   #107
Dog_Book
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxivolvo View Post
Now at the end does it become clear what you lot were up to....

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 14:05   #108
Dillins40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
I was not involved with these cum cream allogations just to be clear haha
Old May 8th, 2013, 15:16   #109
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackey View Post
Southampton is a bit of a trek for me (when I lived in South Wales it was only a couple of hours)

If we can arrange something a little more central I would be up for it. Plenty of good sites for a BBQ and a meet a little more central.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
Need more advance warning in future Alex, you might even have the event blessed with a few northeners if you did that.
That would be great, as long as at least 15-20 people turn up. And we plan it a month in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
Damn that sucks that the HG is gone again - any idea whats caused it to overheat ?
that kindoff makes it not worth fixing the (front) wings and replacing the brake lines :=( How much millage did you get out the old fart?

Sorry I didn't make this - I was busy with other stuff and pulled my back (ouch)
Not many miles, as it was our second back up car. Had some fantastic weekend day trips with it though, where we pushed it hard on the country lanes and had a good laugh. I will never forget my drive on that Sunday night, coming back from you. Most enjoyable car ever....

Not sure what caused the hg to go again though. All fluids were up to top and no codes on DICE. Car never missed a beat and was driving perfectly fine, until the day Jabe came over and we started checking the car together. I was going to lend it to him for a month or so until he bought another V40 and while we checked the oil we saw the oil residue in the oil cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
We were talking about army CARAMELISED cream and Johnsons baby wipes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillins40 View Post
I was not involved with these cum cream allogations just to be clear haha
No not all. But you was involved in some talk about CARAMELISED cream

Nullius in Verba
Old May 8th, 2013, 15:54   #110
Samwell
Master Member

I would be REALLY up for another meet! It was great to meet everyone, we didnt even talk about the cars that much... but we all seem to get on really well, I guess thats due to having a common interest

Im leaving the UK early June so would love to do another meet before I leave... 10/15+ cars/people would be awesome... Id love to get many more photos!

Come on people, lets make this effort
Samwell is offline   Reply With Quote