Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 D5 Service History Missing.

Views : 758

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2024, 20:43   #11
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Thank you, Gentlemen. It's good to be here!

Yes, sorry, forgot to add in the A/C belt. All three will be done and they're also checking the difference in price if we use genuine parts although if not , still OEM.

I'll let you know how it pans out and will try and remember to post a picture although I'm sure you know what an XC60 looks like....!

Not had much success in getting dealers to return my call re Polestar. Other than the badge on the back, are there any clues under the bonnet or on the car?
There isn't really any way in telling. The performance tuning is done via software and done by a dealer. There must be record of it somewhere.

All you could do is ask the dealership for a copy of all the work that was done on the car and actually go through the receipts to see if Polestar is mentioned. The only downside to that is with data protection, the dealership might not actually send you physical copies of receipts because they'll have names and addresses on them. All you can do is ask, but its not guaranteed. I had the same issue with my car, they'd tell me what was done on x date, but wouldn't send me a copy.

Keep trying. If no success, I'd go into the dealership that supposedly did the work and ask to speak to someone (presuming its local).
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 11:32   #12
Bagheera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
There isn't really any way in telling. The performance tuning is done via software and done by a dealer. There must be record of it somewhere.

All you could do is ask the dealership for a copy of all the work that was done on the car and actually go through the receipts to see if Polestar is mentioned. The only downside to that is with data protection, the dealership might not actually send you physical copies of receipts because they'll have names and addresses on them. All you can do is ask, but its not guaranteed. I had the same issue with my car, they'd tell me what was done on x date, but wouldn't send me a copy.

Keep trying. If no success, I'd go into the dealership that supposedly did the work and ask to speak to someone (presuming its local).
I've narrowed down the dealer who supplied the car new and thankfully, local to me. Getting them to call me back though is proving difficult!

What I have discovered from another dealer is that on the service record 'Authorized Polestar' is listed in month of registration.

If I can't get to speak to the dealer, and can't get there before we receive the car, I will insure on the basis it has Polestar, to be on the safe side.

I'm presuming it's classed as a Engine modification/performance upgrade? How much extra bhp will you get on the D5 (212bhp) engine?
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 18:31   #13
Stu B
Master Member

Hi, have a look here - the later 5 cyl D5 goes to 230bhp as I recall…

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/model-selector
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 18:59   #14
Bagheera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
Hi, have a look here - the later 5 cyl D5 goes to 230bhp as I recall…

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/model-selector
Thanks for this.

If you input your registration, it tells you if your car has had the optimisation. Much better than waiting on dealers! Thank you!
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 19:05   #15
GrahamBrown1
VOC Member

You can often tell by the badge, there are many eBay copies ect. Doesn’t mean a genuine badge hasn’t been purchased and fitted but these are not cheap, more likely someone would stick an eBay look alike on the back. Just a thought.

Current- 05 XC90 D5 Exec, 12 XC70 D4 AWD Se Lux, 14 S80 D3 Se Lux
GrahamBrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 18:47   #16
Bagheera

Hi guys,

Just a quick update.

The car was delivered on Thursday. I'm pleased to say that body work was in excellent condition and the car was as described. There was also an additional stamp in the book! From looking through the invoices it does appear the last owner was a DIY'er and so my concerns around the servicing have evaporated. I bought it from a larger dealership where they are slightly aloof from the individuals of each car. They were advertising it with no service book when I asked, and only two services. I found the history with Volvo and the service book was in the glove box!!

The Aux belt and cambelt are both original so I'm not driving it too much - work is booked in next week. Took it for a drive and it sure is a powerplant. Polestar does put a smile on your face (although I have nothing to compare it to - it's all I've known in Volvo ownership.)

A couple of things I've noted:

They've put three new tyres on an AWD. There is about 5mm on the other but should I get this replaced? I understand it's not AWD most of the time?

The Power steering fluid is below minimum. I will ask my own garage to check for leaks - is this a common issue on the XC60? Naturally, if there is a fault this will be on the dealership who do seem by other reviews to have a good level of aftercare.

When trying to check the oil level on the dash the 'Check Oil' is dull and I can't select it to check. Why is this?

It still has the outstanding seatbelt safety recall - spoke with a Volvo dealer who say they're still happy to rectify free of charge so that's another thing on the checklist.

Overall (so far), I'm really pleased with it. Hopefully the power steering fluid isn't a major issue but can't wait to be driving it once the work is done!

Volvo XC60 Pic edit.jpg

Last edited by Bagheera; Mar 9th, 2024 at 18:55.
Bagheera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 20:00   #17
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Hi guys,

When trying to check the oil level on the dash the 'Check Oil' is dull and I can't select it to check. Why is this?

If I remember correctly, put the ignition into position II but do not start the engine, then use the left hand stalk thumbwheel and scroll to the Oil Level. If the engine has been shut down recently you may have to wait awhile before the indication works.