Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Have a T5 for sale -anyone interested?

Views : 699

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2010, 12:20   #1
matohuska

Default Have a T5 for sale -anyone interested?

Hi, Unfortunately I got bad news yesterday, My M registered olive green 850 T5 has broken its engine crank. I do not want to repair it as I am getting a Motability car. So I have this T5 up for sale as a spares or repair project for someone with more time than me. I dont want to break it up myself being disabled so the car has to go whole. It has quite a few spares with it plus roof bars. It will need a trailer to take it away as it cannot be driven. It has a month left on the MOT. If you are interested I am looking for £500 ono for the whole thing. I live in Porthmadog North wales. Please get in contact if interested.
Its a great car but of course has its little foibles but was still capable of doing 140 before the crank went.
Keith
matohuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 14:26   #2
Tangosheep

can you let me know whether this is a CD model? with sunroof etc...

what about the rest of the car - OK? do you have a link to pictures etc.. available?

Thanks
Tangosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 14:59   #3
matohuska

Default Not a CD

Hi, this is not a Cd. Basically the car has 265,000 on the clock. I have the full service history except for the last 18 months as I didnt get it serviced.
There are 4 newish tyres on alloys plus a 5th spare and a small temporary spare.
Engine really has a nasty ratlle now and should not be driven but I did drive it back from garage ok - about 5miles.
Body work has a couple of small dents.
The bonnet release has broken but has a temp 'external wire' release.
There is a crack on the passenger side of windscreen.
Headlamp wiper missing on offside.
Also the washer unit seems to have sprung a leak -maybe from -15 temperature!!!!

It comes with Thule roofbars.
6 cd changer/radio sound system
spare radio
spare computer
another box of spare bits -not sure whats in there,
Gear box and clutch are sound,
not sure what else to say really, I last drove car in the ice and snow and it was this that damaged the crank, basically I went into a slide down a steep hill and over revved. I took it into my local garage on Friday and they said that it would be expensive to rebuild the engine unless I did it myself. Well I have niether the time nor inclination to do that But I think the car is worth someone having ago. I will try to post up a link of photos so watch this space.
Regards
Keith
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 15:33   #4
matohuska

Default Photos

Ok here are some pics taken today -obviousley they show it in an 'unwashed' state but I'm not going to bother wahing it in this weather bbbrrr tis very cold here!
I have tried to upload them to the gallery but getting an error message saying they are too big so if you want to see some pics email me on matohuska@hotmail.co.uk and I will send pics to you.
Regards
Keith
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 15:48   #5
matohuska

Default photos again

Ok here are some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4641.jpg (337.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4642.jpg (337.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4644.jpg (303.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4645.jpg (244.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4643.jpg (291.0 KB, 49 views)
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 10:18   #6
Claymore
VOC Member

Good luck with the sale
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 12:10   #7
matohuska

Its definately worth looking at if you are good at mechanics etc and I'm prepared to accept a reasonable sum as I want it out the way!!
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 10:46   #8
matohuska

I have obviously set the price too high - am prepared to accept £250, the wheels and tyres alone are worth that! If interested then email me on matohuska@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks
Keith