Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 (2014) - dashcam hardwiring tips?

Views : 3134

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2020, 13:19   #11
FilipS1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipS1980 View Post
..... I used fuses from both Box A and Box B in passenger footwell.
Having spent some time with multimeter in awkward positions I identified fuse 14 in Box B as a non-critical source for switched/ignition and piggy backed off of it - this fuse is responsible for climate panel and optional motion detection. For constant supply I used fuse 29 from Box A - this one runs AWD control module - I don't have AWD only 2/4 so it should be fine....
Sorry, the constant/switched cabling is OTHER WAY ROUND: fuse 14 in B Box is constant (battery) and fuse 29 in A Box is ignition (acc).
Old Oct 15th, 2020, 14:41   #12
Easington
Master Member

Sorry to revive an old thread but do you rate the camera?

Also do you have DAB and was there any interference from the camera to DAB reception?

Finally which way did you run the cable from front to rear camera?

Many thanks in advance
Old Jul 26th, 2023, 14:37   #13
FilipS1980

Gosh, must've missed it long time ago...

The camera works well, but in the dark without street lighting is pretty useless in other conditions it's actually quite good.

I have DAB, no interference whatsoever.

I'm not quite sure if I can remember exactly how I run signal cable to the back cam. I was working on two different cars then and I believe in the Beemer I went the floor-trim way, to the side of back seats under and up behind the trims to emerge in the middle of back window. In the Volvo I think I went over the air bags (but not across them! as the cable can splice your face if they deploy at impact) and threaded the cable to the back trim just under the 3rd stop light.

I'm currently emabarking on similar install of front-back permanently connected cam for my 2006 XC90, hope I can retrace the steps from V60 install... But the AWD unused fuse I used in V60 will not be available in XC90 as it is AWD... so will need to find new switched and new constant sources to piggy back of I presume...
Old Jul 28th, 2023, 12:45   #14
Easington
Master Member

Thanks for the reply however I've changed cars twice since I asked the question. Cheers!

Tags
dash cam, electrics, fuse box, wiring