Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 vs v90

Views : 2063

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 28th, 2020, 17:24   #1
mark2410

Default V60 vs v90

So, getting fed up repairing old car so thinking about its replacement but...... i really cant make us my mind which i prefer or want the size of so thought id ask what other think between the v60 and the v90?
mark2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 20:18   #2
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
So, getting fed up repairing old car so thinking about its replacement but...... i really cant make us my mind which i prefer or want the size of so thought id ask what other think between the v60 and the v90?
What is the old car?
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 22:36   #3
big square car

Also what do you want it for?...transporting family, dogs, or equipment of some kind?
big square car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 09:35   #4
mark2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotosound View Post
What is the old car?
A V50 D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by big square car View Post
Also what do you want it for?...transporting family, dogs, or equipment of some kind?
Transporting me, and some boxes for work sometimes but while the v90 space be nice occasionally, its not really "needed" per say, tbh i love the v90 size inside, but i dont like how big it is outside, the v60 exterior size means day to day id prefer it.
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 10:24   #5
big square car

Yes the V90 is big outside but you get used to it. I use the V90 for my dogs and sometimes for car boot sale stuff and thought the boot was a bit small on the V60 (I came from a V70) as I wanted to be able to put dog cages in without folding the seats down.
On the other hand the more verticle tail on the V60 might be more practicle for you. For you the V60 may be best but the choice is yours!
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 15:05   #6
lafranr

Quote:
Originally Posted by big square car View Post
Yes the V90 is big outside but you get used to it. I use the V90 for my dogs and sometimes for car boot sale stuff and thought the boot was a bit small on the V60 (I came from a V70) as I wanted to be able to put dog cages in without folding the seats down.
On the other hand the more verticle tail on the V60 might be more practicle for you. For you the V60 may be best but the choice is yours!
I’ve been looking at both and plumped for the v60 - mine is to use for a dog crate but the sloped rear of the V90 concerned me and the litre storage is not significantly different. I also wondered if the V60 may hold its value better
lafranr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 15:18   #7
big square car

Found that my dog crates didn't go much above the waistline (I've got Jack Russles!) so the slopey tail wasn't a problem. Before I bought the car I brought two crates down to the show room to check and told the salesman that it would be a no go if they didn't fit! He was very helpful and accomodating, didn't bat an eyelid! So I bought the V90
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 00:07   #8
mark2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafranr View Post
I’ve been looking at both and plumped for the v60 - mine is to use for a dog crate but the sloped rear of the V90 concerned me and the litre storage is not significantly different. I also wondered if the V60 may hold its value better
so what made you pick the v60?
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 08:28   #9
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

The V50 is actually quite a small estate...you will find even the v60 an improvement. The v90 will be like going from a flat to a 5 bedroom house
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 16:33   #10
mark2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
The V50 is actually quite a small estate...you will find even the v60 an improvement. The v90 will be like going from a flat to a 5 bedroom house
well the thing is, i like the inside size of the 90, i mean its vast looking but..... its just as vast looking on the outside which i do not like. Outside size i much prefer the 60 and i really cant decide which way id rather go, so thats why im asking how others did.