Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > VOC Section Events

Notices

VOC Section Events Meetings and Events organised by local VOC sections

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yorkshire Section

Views : 89184

Replies : 284

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2018, 21:54   #201
skippyfox
VOC Member

Minininjarob. sorry I didn't make it to the Leeds cruise, but as I said work commitments came first. Keep me updated on any further cruise meets, if I can get along I will, do still have a passion for the old American motors. On another note if you want to step up to the plate and have a go at taking on the roll of Yorkshire section secretary, then you will have my full support. David did his best, and I tagged along to all the meets he organised. Unfortunately personal life sometimes as to take priority over social life, and that is why David has stepped down. Lets all get our heads together and try to make the Yorkshire section work....... I can't do the job. I'm a Lancastrian
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 13:55   #202
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

I can’t take the role on as I can’t do anything on a Sunday which is when most people want to meet up.

The Leeds Cruise is every 2nd Saturday of the month. People normally start arriving st around 5pm ish but it can be very weather dependant. If it’s raining a lot of people won’t come - when you see the cars you’ll understand why!

14th July is next one I understand.
MiniNinjaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 13:15   #203
Selby

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50t5dave View Post
When you have been to a meet, you can have a say. If you want to talk the talk, please have the decency to come to a meet.
I know who you are so if you can not come to a meet please do not be sarcastic.
You know who I am? What’s that supposed to mean?

You need to chill out and stop taking this oh so seriously. If it ****es you off that nobody turns up then don’t do it!
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 23:03   #204
skippyfox
VOC Member

How about trying to keep this section going. I'm going to suggest a meet up for all interested at The Knox in Harrogate, Saturday afternoon July 7th say about 2 o'clock. Bite to eat over a beer, chew the fat and try and get something sorted for the section. Any one else with an idea please pipe up. Would be a shame to see this part of the country not be represented in the V.O.C. If all else fails I might have a go at forming a Lancashire section Looking forward to suggestions.
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 12:05   #205
dcw
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
How about trying to keep this section going. I'm going to suggest a meet up for all interested at The Knox in Harrogate, Saturday afternoon July 7th say about 2 o'clock. Bite to eat over a beer, chew the fat and try and get something sorted for the section. Any one else with an idea please pipe up. Would be a shame to see this part of the country not be represented in the V.O.C. If all else fails I might have a go at forming a Lancashire section Looking forward to suggestions.
I agree with you Steve. I can make 7th July so I look forward to catching up with you again - and hopefully seeing some others! As already mentioned above I am not going to offer to take over this section on my own to run since I too have issues at times: however, I would be happy to be a co-runner along with someone else...

Best

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 13:54   #206
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
I will see nearer to the day if I can make the 7th, for those that do not know the location of The Knox address is Knox Lane, Harrogate HG1 3AP. How about a mini meeting at the BKV for those attending to throw some ideas around.
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bantambuddy For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 15:07   #207
Fergie35
Club Director

I'm the person within the VOC who liaises with the section secretaries.
I spoke with Dave when he was setting up the Yorkshire section to try and give him a few tips.
I will be at the BKV and also at the Northern BKV and will be happy to chat with anybody who is interested in the continuation of the section.

My details are also on page 4 of Driver should anybody wish to contact me prior to the BKV.

Jaki Ragg
Fergie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fergie35 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 21:49   #208
skippyfox
VOC Member

Thanks for the feed back. I like the idea of a mini meet at the national. I'm going down on the Saturday for the evening bash, so hope to meet up with a few faces old and new. As for the meet up at The Knox, the more the merrier. Lets get together and keep this section going. Safe driving to you all and hope to catch up soon.
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 22:02   #209
skippyfox
VOC Member

Bantum buddy. Don't know if PM went but the answer is yes will bring along the sticky stuff for you.
Old Jun 21st, 2018, 21:44   #210
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Is any body else interested in a meeting at the BKV that is going from the Yorkshire Section to discuss the future. If possible could Jaki Ragg attend. May I propose meeting in the marquee at 11.00.
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bantambuddy For This Useful Post: