Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Order options options options

Views : 2516

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 11th, 2018, 20:09   #21
lalith16

I am driving a T5 Inscription Pro with 20” wheels without the optinal extra of laminated windows and still I find the inside environment not at all noisy even with out the sound system on let alone hearing the road noise with the audio on.

I did also go for the HK sound system although I am not an audiophile to keep my other half happy. I listened to the standard system’s sound while test driving several Volvo XC60s before placing the order. The standard system definetly didn’t sound bad at all. However, I feel the HK system’s sound quality is much better and refined than the standard ones and once again I am glad that I took the risk and made the right choice by going with HK sound system although I did it for my wife . Furthermore, I felt it is money’s worth especially considering that I can see a smile on my wife's face if not all the time at least when she listens to music in my Volvo. I haven’t experienced BW sound in a Volvo but I felt at £3.5k it is rather overpriced.
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 20:16   #22
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Had mine done over a week ago MY19 t5, should of been done from new but wasn't available.
Thanks. Do you think Polestar made much difference?

Last edited by macklij; Aug 11th, 2018 at 20:19.
macklij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 20:29   #23
macklij
Member since 2007

Thank you everyome for your replies - much appreciaed. I ordered an XC60 today. It will be a Fusion Red T5 Inscription with Blond interior, Air suspension, Intellisafe, Xenium, 4 way Climate and rear heated seats and Harmon/Kardon sound (I listened to ordinary sound today, no H/K available) and a couple of minor bits.

I forgot to order a spare wheel. I am now thinking that the only time I have ever, in my 35+years of driving, changed a wheels at the roadside is when I have helped someone else. Sod's law of course will now come in to full force.

If I don't order a spare wheel, do I gain much in space in the boot, or is it all filled with sound insulation and the like?
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 09:41   #24
theronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by macklij View Post
Thanks. Do you think Polestar made much difference?
not a massive difference most noticeable is the gear box feels better not so sluggish.
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 10:12   #25
MaDProFF
Master Member

@maclij

Assuming it is a new order, you can change spec unto a certain date if you want. unless you have managed to get an factory order all ready in line and they have specced it for you, as you required, and date for change has gone.

I do not have a spare but would not think there was a lot of difference, maybe lose space in a T8 for cable, and a few bits but there there is always space for small items around wheel
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 10:34   #26
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:

I forgot to order a spare wheel.

If I don't order a spare wheel, do I gain much in space in the boot, or is it all filled with sound insulation and the like?
Ring your dealer and ask if the space saver spare wheel is included, I think I read that it was now part of the UK spec on XC90, it way also be incuded with the XC60,
I was wondering it it may be to do with the contisilent foam inserts on the XC90 and squirting foam in them if you have a puncture would not be a good idea as it would make a right mess and very hard to make a repair.
If its not included you can as mentioned above ask them to add one to your order. I added 7 seat comfort pack and heated rear seats to mine over a week later.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 12:05   #27
macklij
Member since 2007

Thanks again everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Ring your dealer and ask if the space saver spare wheel is included, I think I read that it was now part of the UK spec on XC90, it way also be incuded with the XC60,
I was wondering it it may be to do with the contisilent foam inserts on the XC90 and squirting foam in them if you have a puncture would not be a good idea as it would make a right mess and very hard to make a repair.
If its not included you can as mentioned above ask them to add one to your order. I added 7 seat comfort pack and heated rear seats to mine over a week later.
I think the lock down on mine Aug 30th. As regard the tempa spare, it seems it is an option, but from what I have read here you can just buy as an accessory complete with foam etc.
I can then just keep the pucture repair kit to one side.
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 12:23   #28
lalith16

Since Tempa spare wheel is being discussed now I want to ask this question although not directly relevant to OP’s topic. I noticed empty spaces(see attached pic) in the foam mould of the tempa wheel. I am curious to know if there are few things supposed to be in those spaces that might be missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D1F64056-868F-437D-9245-8ADBEAA2494C.jpg (151.8 KB, 29 views)
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 13:21   #29
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Precisely that. BTW, what's a fancy pack?
The body kit with the twin exhausts and front and rear skid plates.
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 13:26   #30
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
The Polestar optimisations are now available for MY19 as per this link including the recently “downgraded” T8 power trains.... https://engineered.polestar.com/intl...delYearId=1726
Am I reading this right. ??? T5 2018 model 250bhp to 261bhp. 2019 model 250 bhp to ......253bhp. WTF.