Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

133K 1990 Volvo 745 GLE for sale

Views : 879

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 15:16   #1
DrGeoffWest
Geoff West

Default 133K 1990 Volvo 745 GLE for sale

1990/G model Metallic Silver with 2.3 petrol engine & 5 speed gear O/D gearbox. 133k. MOT to Sept 2013, currently taxed & insured. Good condition bodywork with no bumps but a few scrapes on the roof. Good condition interior with particularly good leather seats. The headlining still intact but billowing in places and has collected a few tears.

This year of GLE has tinted glass, alloy wheels, electric windows all round, heated front seats, heated electric wing mirrors, an electric tilt & slide sunroof, power steering and central locking. This is one of the very last models without a CAT and has the mechanical fuel injection system. Hence it is very easy and cheap to service. An ideal DIY car.

The previous owner carried out a considerable amount of work at around 120k most of which is readily apparent in that it still looks like new. This included installing new disc brakes all round, a stainless steel exhaust system, a new electric fuel pump/filter, new rear springs, new rear shock absorbers and new tyres. The CAM belt band & idler pulley were changed at 130k. I have replaced the coil, leads, spark plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, ignition amp, Hall sensor, and 3 of the 4 brake calipers.

Apart from the rear tailgate lock and the drivers heated seat, everything on the car works. The fuel gauge is slow to get going but eventually works, and the dash lights occasionally pulsate, but there is nothing that prevents it being used immediately.

"Installed" extras include Volvo floor mats, roof bars, Halogen headlights and a Volvo dog guard. There are other extras, but I have categorised these separately as their installation needs completing.

Items needing attention
1. Tailgate lock & drivers heated seat - already mentioned
2. the Slide part of the sunroof sticks on the wind flap when closing. This is commonly due to binding on unstuck trim. Till fixed it is easily closed with manual intervention by holding down the wind flap with a pencil. There are no leaks.
3. completing the installation of the (replacement) Volvo towbar wiring loom and new Audio system. Two Volvo VC802 Radio supplied Cassettes are supplied . All other parts and instructions supplied. The back end of the (detachable) t win electrics towbar system is already in place The wiring has been installed up to the passenger footwell. The radio conversion loom is in place.

Literature supplied : V5 Reg document, 1991 740 Volvo Owners booklet, VC802 radio booklet, three ignition keys and two keys for the locking petrol cap, Volvo Service booklet with all history up to 131k , a Haynes Workshop manual, a Haynes service manual, a Chiltern Volvo manual, VADIS DVDs, Brickboard FAQs printed and on DVD.

Additional Parts supplied: A full set of 230E external engine belts (3); new Bosch spark plugs; new Oil Filter; new Fuel filter; new front and rear brake pads (neither these nor the fuel filter should need replacing for some time); Volvo load cover with all fixings; new bonnet sealing strip and fixing rivets ( the original is still serviceable); Black tailgate cover and fixings ( there is a beige one currently installed). I also have a box of various odds&ends from my first 745 GLE.

You can call me on 01630 673350/07939 251397 (before 10:00 pm weekdays please) or email to DrGeoffWest@aol.com for more information/pictures or to arrange a viewing/test drive. DVLC have now sent the transfer documents (V5 and road tax disks) although as we have not yet ordered new plates its still has the OLD number (740 FLN) rather than the NEW one which is G458 XNL.

The car is at Market Drayton on the Shrops/Stafford/Cheshire border about 10 miles from M6 Junction 15. I intend to put it on eBay when I have time. The rarer 16 valve 745 GLT is also for sale but I have not yet (and may not get) time to MOT it.
DrGeoffWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 21:38   #2
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Just a thought re the tailgate lock not working:

When new your volvo would have had 2x master keys and 2x mechanic/valets keys

The latter 2 differ from the master by not being able to operate the tailgate/boot or glovebox.

So, possibly, if your key won't operate the glovebox as well, then it might be you've got just a valet key, or the other key you have is the master.

You ad states 3 keys, I'd suggest you take a good look just in case they differ - there's a slight difference at the base on the valet key.

Worth a check.

... of course it could simply be the lock is u/s