Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo UK World Record Attempt March 2019

Views : 91529

Replies : 257

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2019, 20:36   #101
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaron View Post
Thank you for the reply.

Having re-modelled with 3 columns, and allowing 5 m between rows we know have a convoy 3.15 km long (1.9 miles), and made up of 333 rows, which means we have less than 1 km between the front row and the last row, assuming every row sets of one at a time as opposed to all at once, is there a danger that the front rows will have to stop behind the last row as they have run out of track before the last row can set off?

Just interested to have your thoughts as we watch this challenge grow to what appears significant numbers.
I guess we'll find out on the day
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 10:12   #102
migrator
Aye - him again

Default Dogs at event

What is the definitive word on taking your dog to the event, please? Mrs Mig will not come along if we have to leave the dog at home all day. Thanks

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 10:33   #103
migrator
Aye - him again

Default Dogs at event

I have made a search on the #volvo600 Facebook page and found the following.

"If you are a dog owner who was planning to bring your four legged friend to Bruntingthorpe on 31st March, please would you read this important announcement. (In full).

Following a complaint made directly to Bruntingthorpe in the past week, we have had to review the decision to admit dogs to the event and where we have previously made statements confirming dogs could attend, we regretfully need to inform you that dogs will no longer be allowed onsite or admitted into the event.

The event team have regular cadence and update meetings with Bruntingthorpe management. The review of the compliant and the higher than expected number of vehicles and people expected to be on site, has heighten the risk and our public liability insurer was not prepared to underwrite this increased risk.

We will over the next few days update past posts to reflect this revision to the meeting, we hope with time in front of us you can make alternative plans to accommodate this revised position. In the interim please would you share this post with attendees you may know who had planned on bringing their dogs to the event.

I sincerely apologise for the change but above all else, your safety and that of others attending the day remains the event teams top priority.

Kindest regards
Millsy
"

Hope this clears things up for folks.

VOC 11817
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 11:52   #104
Waynedance

Not really a place to bring dogs with so many cars around and would be in car for a fair few hours I guess.
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 15:36   #105
jonnyf90
Grumpy git born too late!

This ^
Completely inappropriate place for dogs - leave them at home with the missus!

2021 Škoda Octavia Estate L iV PHEV (Company)
jonnyf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyf90 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 23:32   #106
migrator
Aye - him again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyf90 View Post
This ^
Completely inappropriate place for dogs - leave them at home with the missus!
Possibly not appropriate for dogs that are left running loose. On a lead the situation is quite different.

You seem to believe that this is also not an appropriate place for 'the missus'.

Better a few hours in the car for the dog with company rather than a very long day 'home alone'.

Mrs Mig has been looking forward for some time to taking her car along to this event but now she will stay at home with the dog and miss the event.

VOC 11817
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 23:41   #107
jonnyf90
Grumpy git born too late!

Maybe I’m just not a dog person but there’ll be nearly 1000 cars there and just look how dogs react when they see another, let’s guess 100 (if we say 10% take theirs).

I know it’s not exactly the same thing but would you take your dog to a Grand Prix, or a track day, or an air show? Time and place and all that...

As for the missus, if she’s a Volvo driver then great! (mine isn’t... &#129315
It’s a shame an animal has such a big impact on your lives and results in one of you missing out on things.

Cheers

2021 Škoda Octavia Estate L iV PHEV (Company)
jonnyf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 15:22   #108
Jonny Cut Corners

Not had my 240 long so only heard about this the other week. Just printed off my forms and some for a few friends with Volvo's.

Wonder if there's a prize for the shortest distance to get there? If I stay at my girlfriends house in Walton it'll be just 3 miles away.
I can see the runway from her bedroom window!

That's a piece of luck hey.
Jonny Cut Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny Cut Corners For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 22:10   #109
dieselderv

Default Sad faces

I'm thinking of not bothering to be honest ...with only 2 hours to get the cars in there will be many disappointed..there's 4or 5 roads into bruntingthorpe all of which are gonna be rammed with many cars not just volvos ,it's Mother's Day and prime time for meals out..with 2 pubs on one of the roads that will be doing Mother's Day specials..but they won't as no one will get there..chandlers arms and the shearsby bath..is there some way of opening the gates earlier..I used to know the Walton boys about 10 years back.(owners of the aerodrome) they are a good bunch ....
dieselderv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dieselderv For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 9th, 2019, 02:13   #110
Daveyb2008

I'll deffo meet ya on ya next meet if not to far lol if any meet close to liverpool I'll be there
Daveyb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daveyb2008 For This Useful Post:

Tags
guinness world record, meet, volvo