Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pillow

Views : 6217

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2019, 00:36   #21
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
What is people’s opinion on the best colour for an amber interior? I was thinking blond leather but really wanted the wool material.
There are no other blond elements in an Amber interior so you’d be introdcing an extra colour - would look a bit messy - imho.
I would suggest black (charcoal) which would tie in with a lot of the other parts - black trim panels, carpets etc.
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2019, 19:38   #22
dchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocat View Post
There are no other blond elements in an Amber interior so you’d be introdcing an extra colour - would look a bit messy - imho.
I would suggest black (charcoal) which would tie in with a lot of the other parts - black trim panels, carpets etc.
That was my first thought but wondered if anyone felt differently.

Im going to pop down to the dealers and see if they have one on any of their demo stock and see how it looks...
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 17:17   #23
Soltan

I reached out to Volvo UK Customer Relations and they looked into why there is no option for an Amber pillow. Apparently "Volvo did not produce the Amber pillows due to the lack of demand for this colour option".

Have to say I'm very disappointed. Perhaps there was no demand because they never produced any.....

Anyone tried a different colour with Amber? I tried Blond but it really didn't go.
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription, Magic Blue, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack with HUD, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Massaging Front Seats,Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests, Tinted Windows, Laminated Side Glass, Amber Leather, Linear Walnut Inlays
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 22:34   #24
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltan View Post
I reached out to Volvo UK Customer Relations and they looked into why there is no option for an Amber pillow. Apparently "Volvo did not produce the Amber pillows due to the lack of demand for this colour option".

Have to say I'm very disappointed. Perhaps there was no demand because they never produced any.....

Anyone tried a different colour with Amber? I tried Blond but it really didn't go.
I have black pillows with my Amber interior. It looks fine as it matches the dash and door cards. That said I am not sold on the pillows for me. They push my head forward too much. That said my other half and daughter both said that they like then so it wasnt 60 quid wasted.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 23:20   #25
ShamusUK

Hi,

Which would you say is more comfortable for long journeys?

The Pillow?
https://www.volvopartshop.com/pillow-23680-p.asp

or the Neck Cushion?
https://www.volvopartshop.com/mats--seats-1108-c.asp

I tend to get neck-ache on long journeys. Was wondering which would benefit me more, without causing me to get so comfortable that I end up falling asleep

Thanks.
ShamusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 00:58   #26
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamusUK View Post
Hi,

Which would you say is more comfortable for long journeys?

The Pillow?
https://www.volvopartshop.com/pillow-23680-p.asp

or the Neck Cushion?
https://www.volvopartshop.com/mats--seats-1108-c.asp

I tend to get neck-ache on long journeys. Was wondering which would benefit me more, without causing me to get so comfortable that I end up falling asleep

Thanks.
I’ve got one of each. The pillow suits me but my brother can’t stand it as it pushes his head too far forward. It also has a tendency to slide off the main headrest, to the side. Overall I wouldn’t buy it again.

Neck cushion? Not so much for a driver but certainly great for a passenger that wants to relax and possibly snooze. My wife loves this one and I would buy again.
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 10:03   #27
jonnyu

Also have them both for the passenger side not the driver side.
I think they work very well together but it depends on the person sitting there.
The neck cushion is great but it works better alone if you recline the seat a bit. This is where the head cushion enters.
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 11:20   #28
ShamusUK

I'm going to head down to my Volvo dealer today. Hopefully they'll have both for me to try out. I guess that's the only way of knowing for sure.

My car has a black interior. Can't decide if I should go for charcoal to match. Or blonde to add some contrast and lift the gloom. What do you reckon?

ps - i've just moved to my V60 from a BMW 3 Series (F30). The seats in the BMW (non-msport) were terrible. The Volvo seats are superb. Feels like I've been upgraded to Business Class
ShamusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 12:54   #29
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamusUK View Post
I'm going to head down to my Volvo dealer today.
My car has a black interior. Can't decide if I should go for charcoal to match. Or blonde to add some contrast and lift the gloom. What do you reckon?
Pretty sure they don't have that in stock but if you order it will arrive in 3 days.
Choose charcoal or else its going to look horrible
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 16:45   #30
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltan View Post
I reached out to Volvo UK Customer Relations.
Wow you must have either long arms. Or did you just mean .....contacted ?