Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 washer fluid indicator

Views : 461

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2020, 10:59   #1
Uberskunk

Default C70 washer fluid indicator

Hello all, Bit of a Volvo fan so bought a C70 D3 (2011) as a retirement toy last February, mainly as a nice way to tour France Switzerland and Italy last spring. Hah!

Had one or 2 minor issues as you might expect from a 83k miles car but this one is new to me.

Headlamp washer reservoir empty message lit up on the dashboard. Filled the reservoir with about 6 litres of mix, message went out.

Tried the washers, works on screen, not on headlamps, message lights up again for a few seconds then goes out until the next time the washers are used.

Any ideas?

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.
Uberskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 11:50   #2
adamamam

(caveat - mine is a V50 T5 2008 manual, but would think they're all the same).

Headlamp washer only work if the headlights are on, and then only first 'pump' and then apparently every 5th pump or so. Not every time, like (obviously) the windscreen.

My headlight washers didn't work when I bought the car, turned out to be the washer pump/motor with is INDEPENDENT of the windscreen motor; it's pretty much the only thing that I could see that could be faulty with the headlamp washers since they work off the water pressure so apart from blockages and pipes splitting and blowing off connectors, the pump/motor is about all there is.

It's easy to replace, although a bit boring since you need to removed the bumper etc.

You also need to do this to get to the washer tank. with the bumper off and the N/S arch liner removed access is very good.
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 13:24   #3
big yinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamamam View Post
(caveat - mine is a V50 T5 2008 manual, but would think they're all the same).

Headlamp washer only work if the headlights are on, and then only first 'pump' and then apparently every 5th pump or so. Not every time, like (obviously) the windscreen.

My headlight washers didn't work when I bought the car, turned out to be the washer pump/motor with is INDEPENDENT of the windscreen motor; it's pretty much the only thing that I could see that could be faulty with the headlamp washers since they work off the water pressure so apart from blockages and pipes splitting and blowing off connectors, the pump/motor is about all there is.

It's easy to replace, although a bit boring since you need to removed the bumper etc.

You also need to do this to get to the washer tank. with the bumper off and the N/S arch liner removed access is very good.
I had the same problem, my pump also dead. Ebay jobbie works fine. You shouldn't need to take the bumper off to replace the pump though, just the drivers wheelarch liner.
Even if you do need to replace one of the jets, you should be able to change them by removing just the headlamp.
big yinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 14:05   #4
Baxlin
Old Rocker

Must admit I didn’t realise there was a low washer fluid warning light.

Yes, I know, should have rtfm.....

Tags
c70, washer message