Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1997 volvo s70 central locking not working

Views : 612

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 00:24   #1
Scottish Steve

Default 1997 volvo s70 central locking not working

hi all.

i bought this car a few months ago and realised the car didnt lock, the key fob i got with the car was all smashed up so it went in the bin. i dont know where to start, the key doesnt do anything in the door apart from turn left and right, ive got a donor car there for parts, i suspect the first issue is the door barrel is no longer conected to anything inside the door by the feel of it, the rear doors can be locked manually with the buttons on the door but the fronts wont lock. i cannot trigger the central locking no matter what ive tried, i gave the fuses a quick check and that seemed to be all good which worrys me, also the boot release doesnt work so i have to put the key in the boot to open it, the buttons on the driver door card doesnt work to release the fuel cap or boot, can anybody help out. tia
Scottish Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 13:48   #2
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

check your barrel stalk is inserted into the dock for it. can be done by removing the small black cover inside the door shut, using a t30 to release the handle assembly. you then want to remove the 3 fixings on the latch so you can manoeuvre both the handles tongue away from the lock assembly and also work the handle free from the door so you can watch to see it its locating properly. that is usually enough to drive the central locking, unless you have a failed door latch contact somewhere. a good test to see if all the doors are happy is to try and lock the car from inside with the key symbol button on the door whilst all doors are shut. the 'pips' on the doors should stay down if alls well.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
DunkinBiskits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 23:47   #3
Alpine

may be a case of front door cards coming off and getting new door lock actuators from ebay or someone scrapping a car on here. Its easy to do once you know how, its the learning process that takes a bit of time.

Within 4 months of me buying my S70 3 door locks failed but I've managed to fix them all

Tags
1997, central locking, doesnt lock, s70, volvo