Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Which injectors

Views : 478

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2020, 21:06   #1
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Default Which injectors

Any recommendations for the injectors I should use?

At the moment I have a stock engine apart from a manual boost controller at 8psi.

I have the following to fit
531 head
Gold EZK
3" decat stainless exhaust with one silencer
Garrett T3 off a 1988 760
M90 conversion with dogdish flywheel and clutch kit rated for 300hp

I will be getting an IPD turbo cam too and potentially getting the 531 head ported and polished when it gets the corrosion welded up.

I've read on the forum a couple of people can do custom chips to suit the car so I'm hoping to get a set of those done tailored to the car.

But which injectors do I go for?

0280155830 me7 blue injectors
Also heard green injectors from an S60R will work, what's the part number?
Any other recommendations? End goal is 250-300hp.

I can't seem to find any me7 blue for sale other than brand new ebay special copies but I can find S60R green ones.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 22:05   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Any recommendations for the injectors I should use?

At the moment I have a stock engine apart from a manual boost controller at 8psi.

I have the following to fit
531 head
Gold EZK
3" decat stainless exhaust with one silencer
Garrett T3 off a 1988 760
M90 conversion with dogdish flywheel and clutch kit rated for 300hp

I will be getting an IPD turbo cam too and potentially getting the 531 head ported and polished when it gets the corrosion welded up.

I've read on the forum a couple of people can do custom chips to suit the car so I'm hoping to get a set of those done tailored to the car.

But which injectors do I go for?

0280155830 me7 blue injectors
Also heard green injectors from an S60R will work, what's the part number?
Any other recommendations? End goal is 250-300hp.

I can't seem to find any me7 blue for sale other than brand new ebay special copies but I can find S60R green ones.
As far as i can ascertain Luke, this is the part number for the green injectors 0280155968 and if you cross reference them on this chart, you shoud be able to find similar EV1 style injectors with the correct/close resistance and similar flow.

https://www.polog40.co.uk/article_injector_table.php

There is another chart that lists a lot more injectors but they are a mix of types.

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

Roughly speaking (and it is roughly) 300cc/min@3bar will give 200-220bhp depending on other factors on a mildy tuned 4 cylinder. You won't need to go up much to get your 250bhp if anything as you're adding a bigger turbo as well.
The green injectors are 412cc@3bar and 12 ohm resistance. That means you'll need to do an injector resistor pack bypass but should have the ability to get close to 400bhp with other engine mods.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 22:19   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
As far as i can ascertain Luke, this is the part number for the green injectors 0280155968 and if you cross reference them on this chart, you shoud be able to find similar EV1 style injectors with the correct/close resistance and similar flow.

https://www.polog40.co.uk/article_injector_table.php

There is another chart that lists a lot more injectors but they are a mix of types.

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

Roughly speaking (and it is roughly) 300cc/min@3bar will give 200-220bhp depending on other factors on a mildy tuned 4 cylinder. You won't need to go up much to get your 250bhp if anything as you're adding a bigger turbo as well.
The green injectors are 412cc@3bar and 12 ohm resistance. That means you'll need to do an injector resistor pack bypass but should have the ability to get close to 400bhp with other engine mods.
Brilliant, thanks Dave I think I might for green giants then and have the scope for more power in the future.
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 23:32   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Brilliant, thanks Dave I think I might for green giants then and have the scope for more power in the future.
No worries Luke, don't forget to pull fuse #1 after fitting them so the ECU relearns the fuel slope with them in from the off rather than having to play adaptive learning for some time after.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 07:26   #5
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
No worries Luke, don't forget to pull fuse #1 after fitting them so the ECU relearns the fuel slope with them in from the off rather than having to play adaptive learning for some time after.
Don't worry I will, that's how I fixed the 940 "that only runs on one MAF" with a genuine MAF haha.
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 09:09   #6
taiwan740

Quote:
Does disconnecting the battery for a few hours have the same effect? Or connecting the positive and negative leads together? (not the terminals obviously, and without battery in situ)
taiwan740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taiwan740 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2020, 11:55   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan740 View Post
Does disconnecting the battery for a few hours have the same effect? Or connecting the positive and negative leads together? (not the terminals obviously, and without battery in situ)
It does but it's a lot easier to simply pull a fuse and not have to worry about reprogramming the stereo and other things.

Connecting the battery leads as you describe for 30 seconds or so to clear some faults that are reluctant to otherwise clear is a bit of a last resort as sometimes it can be too effective.

Old Sep 27th, 2020, 21:50   #8
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Green giants ordered from an S60R being broken.