Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New S90 Buyer Waiting Patiently But Now Long Delay

Views : 6537

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 14th, 2019, 19:19   #1
key76

Default New S90 Buyer Waiting Patiently But Now Long Delay

Hi All

New to Volvo (long time Mercedes owner jumping ship) and ordered an S90 R-Design T5 with Polestar (which I close to fully-loaded with options) in May for expected delivery in mid-September.

Found out today that it has been delayed and is now estimated to be January! Which is just absurd.

Dealer seeing what they can do if anything to expedite, which hopefully they can, but if not I have asked them to get me in a hire/demo car until delivery as I am now without a car and my wife can't lend me hers for long as she needs it!

I read about T8 delays, but not T5. Dealer has no idea why there is a delay, only that there is one.

Has anyone else had their S90 delayed?

Thanks
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 19:48   #2
Wizzpop
Master Member

Oops didn't mean to post here
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 22:10   #3
GlenEagles

Hi
I to am new to Volvo ex BMW and Mercedes
I ordered an XC60 T5 in early July with a quoted delivery of September.
I have had to chase why I have not heard anything and was advised early October.
Have chased again last week with a promise to update on Friday but have heard nothing.
I guess this could be similar emerging story to key76 above
I have never had such poor communication and lack of creditable information on a new car delivery.
Not a good start to Volvo ownership
GlenEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 23:08   #4
soupytwister
Master Member

Maybe just me but seem to be loads in the dealer network available - I got my new model S60 in under 5 days last month with the colour I wanted ex-stock, and there were plenty of V90's kicking around as well. Maybe worth seeing if there are any of a near enough similar spec S90's that might be available now? I guess if you've spec'ed it up, possibly won't be any of the exact colour/spec, but depends how flexible you want to be I guess versus holding on.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 23:15   #5
soupytwister
Master Member

I know you wish a T5 but quick search shows a pre-reg S90 T8 R-Design in Bright silver with 10 miles available.

2019 (69) S90 T8 Twin Engine R-Design Pro Automatic (Delivery Miles, Rear Camera)
£44,990

If a T5....

https://selekt.volvocars.co.uk/en/us...drive-s1b4caf8

https://selekt.volvocars.co.uk/en/us...heels-mmb4mm7s
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 14:15   #6
dghdgh

I can see where the post owner is coming from, to say there are cars in the dealer network is not really an answer. When I got an Audi a few years ago you could follow the build, each phase was programmed in and time lines where met. When I spec a car I expect the spec to be built and delivered, if the exact spec is available so be it, but no-one should have to compromise because Volvo can't manage production. A week or so because of travel delay may be forgivable but no more.
dghdgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 14:45   #7
Duri13

I'm not saying it is this case but what happens when there is an accident during transport? A car, which you were expecting in few days, is now completely damaged and you have to go back to the line, no? Probably not at its very end but still, based on engine and other specs, it might be another 2-3 months till a new car is delivered.
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 16:08   #8
dghdgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duri13 View Post
I'm not saying it is this case but what happens when there is an accident during transport? A car, which you were expecting in few days, is now completely damaged and you have to go back to the line, no? Probably not at its very end but still, based on engine and other specs, it might be another 2-3 months till a new car is delivered.
I agree Duri but the S90 has experienced delays since production there have been numerous posts on the forum about people experiencing delays. I have to confess my V90 was a very good car and lifted my experience of Volvo and I did select a stock car. However when you are trying to be in the quality car sector your operations have to be able to meet commitments your dealers give your customers. I think the post is not just about the delays but also the information flow. I just hope the people waiting for the cars are given suitable support from the dealer network.
dghdgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 20:21   #9
key76

Thanks for all the replies.

No explanation from dealer or Volvo UK when I called them as to why car is delayed, only that it is.

My dealer has been terrible - poor communication and lack of interest in resolving this issue. I used this dealer after the first I went to stopped talking to me after I said I wanted to buy and let's talk money. So that is 2 poor dealers in my area - not a great introduction to the brand.

Dealer offered to sell me a second hand vehicle and then buy it back at an agreed value when mine arrived - I promptly declined.

Asked them to get me a hire car or press car or demo car to drive as the wait is too long to keep driving my wife's car. After even more promises and then back peddling, we aren't much further ahead.

Volvo UK have said they'll call them and see what support they can offer (who knows what that means), but they too have been unable to get hold of them!

Finally spoke with sales manager late today and was told they think they can give me a car of similar size to the S90 (likely an XC60 I am told) to use until mine arrives, but that I would have to insure it and pay them whatever I would be paying on my S90 had it arrived as a contribution to he wear and tear on it. I am not against this, but am so angry after all the issues during sale and wait, that I'm playing hard ball and I want either a contribution to the hire, or better still a loan car for free.

Am I being unreasonable? I have read about people being given cars to loan when theirs has been delayed, but never sure under what sort of agreement these happen. And any advice o how to secure a good outcome much appreciated.

I am seriously considering cancelling my order if they don't come good and walking away from Volvo - but that doesn't help my situation much, so a last resort. But as an ex-Merc customer who is probably just the sort they are trying to attract, I am currently feeling pretty let down by both the dealer and Volvo, and wondering what the after sales will be like if the pre-sales is this poor!
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 21:16   #10
soupytwister
Master Member

I feel your pain. It doesn't actually matter whether it's a Dacia or a Bentley, customers should not be short changed whether a premium brand or not. Cars are "considered purchases" for thousands and thousands of pounds and are generally the 2nd biggest purchase anyone makes after their house. It shouldn't matter what make or model (however cheap or expensive), the basic sales experience should be the same.

i.e., how much is it, how can I pay for it, when do I get it, can you keep me updated, can you ensure it is delivered in one piece. I don't expect to have to be in a premium brand to get those answers!!

If any of those "in stock" delivery mileage ones are of any interest, it'd be worth considering cancelling and going down that route. You'll notice you'll save a packet on the pre-reg ones as well!!

Tags
xc60, xc60 front knocking