Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Newbie 1st Post - Purchasing an XC60

Views : 738

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 20th, 2019, 14:57   #1
jwed

Default Newbie 1st Post - Purchasing an XC60

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase an auto XC60 and have been through the quandary of FWS vs AWD etc.
I think I've decided on the robust 2.4 D5 220bhp for that bit extra poke as I couldnt convince myself that the 2.0 FWD would be equally as durable (as it's not proven yet?)

I always keep my cars well maintained and run them until they are no longer viable.

SO....

My budget will get me a 2015/2016 XC60 with upto around 100k on the clock - but this gives me some concerns. I've been doing my research and as far as I can understand... whist the car may have 'Full Main Dealer' history - that means it won't have had the HALDEX fluid changed at any point during its life (unless something has already gone awry and has been replaced).
I think the transmission fluid is part of the service intervals (so this should have been changed regularly?)

SO, when I find the right one I'm thinking of getting the Haldex fluid changed immediately - but will the damage already be done?

What other fluid changes are recommended (which don't form start of the main dealer service routine)?

What is the best Midlands Volvo independent? I've made an enquiry with Hallam & Sutherns in Derbyshire and they seemed quite knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance.

James
jwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2019, 15:05   #2
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Welcome jwed. This is actually the sub forum for the Mk2 XC60. there will be a few people on here who have had a Mk1 but you will probably be better off posting in the following sub forum which is for the model you are looking for.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187.
Hope you receive the info you require and enjoy your car when you hopefully get it
Old Dec 20th, 2019, 15:14   #3
jwed

Default Thanks

Thanks for the redirect.
jwed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haldex, transmission, xc60