Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 Saloon 2.0 T8 RC PHEV Ultimate Dark

Views : 617

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2022, 11:43   #1
thesupporteruk

Default S60 Saloon 2.0 T8 RC PHEV Ultimate Dark

Hi All,

I have taken the opportunity to order one of these as a company car and was wondering the general opinion on these? I am moving from a Peugeot 3008GT, so a tad worried about dropping lower again, but I have heard nothing but good things about the comforte level of the Volvos and comfort is very important to me, having had neck surgery a few years back.

I was also considering the Polestar 2, but the deal breaker for me was that to get the full 320 mile range in budget, I would have to opt for the convenience pack only, so cloth seats, and I have two dogs who would kill the back seats.
thesupporteruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 15:01   #2
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupporteruk View Post
Hi All,

I have taken the opportunity to order one of these as a company car and was wondering the general opinion on these? I am moving from a Peugeot 3008GT, so a tad worried about dropping lower again, but I have heard nothing but good things about the comforte level of the Volvos and comfort is very important to me, having had neck surgery a few years back.

I was also considering the Polestar 2, but the deal breaker for me was that to get the full 320 mile range in budget, I would have to opt for the convenience pack only, so cloth seats, and I have two dogs who would kill the back seats.
Where exactly are you planning on putting the two dogs if you get an S60? Have you seen how little space there is when you open the rear doors in terms of access?

The S60 is very low and you can bang your head getting in/out sometimes, if you opt for a T8 they have slightly different suspension to the B5 models so they are quite stiff even in their standard form, struggling to drink a can on some roads for example, but they are comfortable otherwise in terms of seating and position. I would check you are happy with the stiffness of a T8 suspension before you commit.
rhd443 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 17:16   #3
thesupporteruk

The dogs are put on the seats, rather than jumping up - if that is what you are getting at?

I may go test drive it before committing, thanks.
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 17:20   #4
rhd443

Quote:
The dogs are put on the seats, rather than jumping up - if that is what you are getting at?

I may go test drive it before committing, thanks.
I would for definite, either dogs being put in the seats or jumping, there's little room as the rear doors don't open very wide.

I test drove a T5 as there were zero T8s in the market, and I was prepared for it to be harsher ride than the T5 I drove. If you were to own an Audi S3 and put it in sport mode for the adaptive dampers, that would be equal to how a T8 feels in real life on the roads.
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 18:03   #5
thesupporteruk

If there is enough room for humans to get in the back, then I am not sure how I could not fit two small - medium dogs on the seat, but I will take your word for the suspension, which would deffo be a problem for me.
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 19:50   #6
rhd443

Quote:
If there is enough room for humans to get in the back, then I am not sure how I could not fit two small - medium dogs on the seat, but I will take your word for the suspension, which would deffo be a problem for me.
The front seats are shaped as a curve so they impede on rear space at the mid height (not leg room), the rear doors have a large crescent in them so they need to be opened fully to use the full entry width, and the rear seats access is blocked with a large bolster either side which the door closes against where the seat belt rests against.

https://awheelthing.files.wordpress....rear-seats.jpg

I'n not being difficult, I've lived with an S60 for 2 years and you can't even get a decent sized coolbox onto the back seats without the door fully open and putting it in at an odd angle.