Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buying an XC90 This week

Views : 1216

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 11:46   #1
Patrick lince

Default Buying an XC90 This week

Having been deliberating purchasing an XC90 and having just lost my trusty Citroen in an insurance write off due to the recent floods, we decided upon buying an XC90 D5 SE Geartronic with Winter pack and metallic paint.

Our local dealer was able to source one this week and quoted £34,900.

I tried the usual brokers such as Drive the deal who although quoting good prices were unable to get their hands on a vehicle.

I eventually posted a requirement on www.autoebid.com whereby I commited to buying a car at a reserve price of £32,154 and the aution price of £377 should I get a bid that matched my exact requirements and price. This is a simple reverse auction where dealers bid to get your business within a designated time frame, in my case 2 days!!!

I stipulated a 2008MY D5 SE Geartronic in shadow blue for immediate delivery. Ionly added winter pack as an option. I did not expect to be sucessful but as the process wouldn't cost me anything if not , I had nothing to lose.

On the first day I had three bids including a bid at the exact price and spec, but titanium grey instead of my prefered colour. I still have today to see how the auction pans out but if nothing else comes up I will definately take the car offered.

I am very happy with the autoebid site and considering my request for immediate delivery I am very happy with the price achieved so far, with possible further reductions today.

Hopefully I will be an XC90 owner within the week. I will post updates on how things progress with the purchase for the information of any other prospective purchasers.
Patrick lince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 14:59   #2
Patrick lince

Latest update today of a further bid by a dealer for the exact match of my requirement, available in three weeks.......price is £30, 855 plus autoebid fee of £362.55 which gives me the car at £31217.55.

Old Jul 10th, 2007, 16:28   #3
Patrick lince

My local dealer has now come back to me and having advised him of the price I have been given, has got within £20 of the quoted price, which is £3,600 less than the price quoted to me on Sunday when I was assured that there was no way they could go any cheaper!!!!!!

Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:57   #4
Patrick lince

Bought the car priced at £31,217, including the Autoebid fee. Within half an hour of clicking on the 'proceed' button I had a call from Mill Garages of Sunderland confirming my order, arranging for registration and insurance details etc and advising me of a delivery date in approximately ten days time. They were very helpful and I had not realised that the price quoted was including delivery via transporter to my door.

The process was painless, the Autoebid site easy to use and risk free in that if my requirements were not met, I didn't have to pay anything.

I would thoroughly recommend the site and the service which has given me a discount on list price of about £6,800.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 22:42   #5
Patrick lince

Well a week on from my last post and my car arrives at my home address in the morning. All arrangements have gone smoothly and the whole process from first placing my requirement to receiving my car has been 11 days, which I think is splendid.

Many of the regular users in this forum have assisted me in making an informed decision to purchase an XC90 and to you all I am extremely grateful.

I shall place some pics of my (ooops our) new pride and joy in due course.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 22:42   #6
Patrick lince

Here is my adorable XC90 just after this afternoons wash and polish, I hope I have worked this right as I am a bit of a dinosaur with the digital camera!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XC90 002.jpg (317.4 KB, 71 views)
Old Aug 4th, 2007, 13:13   #7
T5R+
V70 Fan

Patrick

Thanks for the useful insight - will try it in a few weeks time when looking for a replacement V70.
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote