Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Quinton Hazell your thoughts? :-)

Views : 561

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2019, 16:00   #1
CaerYnArfon

Default Quinton Hazell your thoughts? :-)

Thinking of getting their 31304045 and 31304046, Suspension Control Arms but don't know if its a false economy.

I know ideally genuine Volvo would be great but £250+ compared to £88.40 on Amazon is worth some consideration isn't it?

Didn't even know they were still going I remember my dad buying QH parts in the 70's.
Old May 28th, 2019, 19:29   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaerYnArfon View Post
Thinking of getting their 31304045 and 31304046, Suspension Control Arms but don't know if its a false economy.

I know ideally genuine Volvo would be great but £250+ compared to £88.40 on Amazon is worth some consideration isn't it?

Didn't even know they were still going I remember my dad buying QH parts in the 70's.
I always remembered them as been good.

Are the arms for an xc90?
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 21:07   #3
kenny
Master Member

I haven’t used any of their stuff for years now and always found good but that was before they went bust a few years ago and the name was bought by Tetrosyl. No idea where the make or get their bits from now but from experience good old company names that have been sold on does not mean you are getting good parts. Crossland filters is a prime example. Good in their hay day but the name is now owned by Euro Car Parts and the filters are the cheapest Chinese junk you can buy. I would be weary.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenny For This Useful Post:
Old May 31st, 2019, 19:23   #4
CaerYnArfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
I always remembered them as been good.

Are the arms for an xc90?
Indeed D5 Active 2011 model.
Old May 31st, 2019, 21:36   #5
AndyV7o
Premier Member

As above, QH were very good back in my motor factor days 19 years ago, but if the name has been bought by tetrosyl I doubt that bodes well.

Personally, Im taking a punt on Optimal control arms from here http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/THE-NO1-CAR-PARTS-CENTRE uk seller of fair repute, they carry a 3 year warranty, german company, some parts made in germany (cant say all are) too.
Now I know little of em, cant find much, but what I did find was positive, plus a 3 year warranty implies some degree of quality, so giving them a try. Only £20 more than cheap crap with 1 year warranty.
Received them today and they look alright...
AndyV7o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 20:09   #6
CaerYnArfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyV7o View Post

Personally, Im taking a punt on Optimal control arms from here http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/THE-NO1-CAR-PARTS-CENTRE uk seller of fair repute, ..
Might have a look at that

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 22:53   #7
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyV7o View Post
As above, QH were very good back in my motor factor days 19 years ago, but if the name has been bought by tetrosyl I doubt that bodes well.

Personally, Im taking a punt on Optimal control arms from here http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/THE-NO1-CAR-PARTS-CENTRE uk seller of fair repute, they carry a 3 year warranty, german company, some parts made in germany (cant say all are) too.
Now I know little of em, cant find much, but what I did find was positive, plus a 3 year warranty implies some degree of quality, so giving them a try. Only £20 more than cheap crap with 1 year warranty.
Received them today and they look alright...
Check the terms of the warranty... I've bought cheap stuff on e-bay before and when it invariable fails early, the seller invariably wriggles out. Last time it was a wheel bearing from shysters BAHUHA and they refused to replace in spite of my complying with all their ridiculous requests (letter from a mechanic, service history of the car...).
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 23:13   #8
AndyV7o
Premier Member

Hence 'Taking a punt' and 'cant find much but what I did was positive' thus I couldnt find any negative talk or them, the 3 year warranty from a uk seller of some repute gives better odds than a 1 year warranty from a lesser known outfit, so, damage limitation! 😁

It might bite me on the arse, it might be a nice surprise...

I could -NOT- afford anything better at this moment, infact this purchase has put me in the sh1t as it is. 😢

I will report back with any findings as time goes by.

Last edited by AndyV7o; Jun 3rd, 2019 at 23:44.
AndyV7o is offline   Reply With Quote