Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1996 850 Estate ** SOLD **

Views : 1494

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 12th, 2008, 14:52   #1
John_C
Allons-y!

Default 1996 850 Estate ** SOLD **

For Sale:

My P-reg 855 T5 Auto.

The car has done 127k miles and has just (less than 500 miles ago) had a full RT mechanics service, cambelt and tensioners replaced and stage zero tune. This includes all the filters, new spark plugs, HT leads, dizzy cap, rotor, PCV system replaced, oil seals replaced, boost adjusted and tracking done.

The interior is in good condition and the car has working aircon.

Drives very well, gearbox works as it should, no nasty noises etc.

Equipment:
Aircon
Front electric windows
Heated seats
Remote central locking
ABS
Driver's airbag and side airbags

Tons of history, a stack of invoices up until the previous owner had the car at which point he serviced it himself. I therefore have no history for the last couple of years other than invoices for parts which were replaced and the old MoTs. I spoke to the previous owner who told me he changed the oil every 5000 miles and kept the car as it should be - obviously that's no guarentee but since I wasn't buying the car off him he had no reason not to be truthful about it.

Mods:
RICA 304 remap
Strut brace
Front wishbone polybushes
Engine top mount polybush

Issues:
Exhaust is blowing at the back box - I've sourced a 2nd hand but very servicable cat-back exhaust which will go with the car or I will have it fitted at the new owners cost if they don't fancy DIY or have a friendly fitter.
Headlamp wiper blades need replacing *** EDIT - not any more, I've replaced them now ***
Front discs and pads will need replacing in about 6000 miles - ** EDIT - I've had a couple of people ask how much this will cost the answer is for geniune Volvo parts I was quoted £110 or about £80 to £90 if you go for aftermarket parts **

5 months tax and MoT. ** EDIT - I got the MoT date wrong It has MoT until March, so I have decided the car will come with a full 12 month MoT which I will have done at my expense **

Other than that the car is great, I don't need to sell it but to be honest I just don't need it any more.

Pics and even more info are here:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=61140

£1250

No offers please, if I can't get that for the car I'll keep it and use it as an occasional toy car for meets etc.

PM me if you're interested or have any questions.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by John_C; Dec 21st, 2008 at 10:55. Reason: Changes to advert
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 16:55   #2
John_C
Allons-y!

Since the car is still in regular use there have been a few changes, I've just bought a set of Mintex front discs and pads which will be going on soon along with the replacement exhaust.

I also forgot to mention the car has a towbar with single electrics fitted.

So that's the brakes, wipers and exhaust sorted and 12 months MoT thrown in too, can't be bad

Cheers,
John
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 11:54   #3
Terminator
VOC Member

That is going to be a great buy for someone.

If I can talk Mrs T around into letting me get a third car I shall be pm'ing you!
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 16:23   #4
John_C
Allons-y!

As I grind ever closer to actually properly trying to sell the car rather than just a single ad on the forum I've put together a list of the service history:

The car was sold as an approved used car with 32,500 miles on the clock by Kings Volvo, Salisbury on 18/06/98. The approved used certificate is present.

MoT expiry is March 21st 2009.

Service history:
10/06/98 @ 32,195 miles - Kings Volvo, Salisbury - service stamp only
16/06/99 @ 41,137 miles - Kings Volvo, Salisbury - service stamp and itemised invoice
07/04/00 @ 48,550 miles - Kings Volvo, Salisbury - service stamp and itemised invoice
01/05/01 @ 59,170 miles - Kings Volvo, Salisbury - service stamp and itemised invoice
20/05/02 @ 70,681 miles - Unknown, handwritten itemised invoice
28/05/03 @ 80,231 miles - Unknown, handwritten itemised invoice
28/05/04 @ 90,071 miles - Unknown, handwritten itemised invoice
25/05/05 @ 98,068 miles - Cadnam Garage, Southampton - itemised invoice
15/03/06 @ 105,150 miles - Monks Autos, Southampton - service stamp only for cambelt change and service

The car was then sold to it's third owner and from this point until I bought the car it was looked after by the him. I bought the car from a trader so got the previous owners name from the V5 and phoned him. He said he'd changed the oil and filter every 5000 miles. There are numerous reciepts for items such as spark plugs, aux drive belt, rear shocks and mounts, a cv boot, brake hoses, etc to suggest the car was being looked after. I also have MoT certificates from 2005 to now to confirm milage covered in that period.

05/12/2008 @ 126,650 miles - RT Mechanics, Liphook - itemised invoice:
Full service inc oil, oil filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, spark plugs
Cambelt change including idler pully and tensioner
PCV/Breather system replaced
Turbo drain seal and rear cam seals replaced
Aux belt tensioner replaced
New distributer cap, rotor arm and HT leads fitted
New set of windscreen wipers
Tracking corrected as tyres were wearing on the outside edge
Boost checked and adjusted to correct RICA 304 level

There were also some issues which I didn't get Russ to fix and am not fixing myself, they are:

OS Bottom ball joint rubber split - this will need replacing at some point, but is fine at the moment.
Rear trailing arm bushes worn - they won't fail the MoT and aren't dangerously worn so I decided to leave them for now

Other work/parts invoices
19/08/99 @ 43,556 miles - Aircon condensor replaced by Kings Volvo, Salisbury
26/11/04 @ 94,281 miles - Wheel bearing and CV boot supplied and fitted by Cadnam Garage, Southampton
20/07/06 @ 108,600 miles - RICA 304 remap fitted out by Chip Tuning, Bromsgrove along with new BCS pipes and a pipe elbow. Installation certificate is present along with invoice.
08/06/07 - Genuine Volvo strut brace
06/07/07 - 4x Eagle F1 tyres & wheel alignment at Micheldever Tyres, Winchester

The car also has a Nokia car kit suitable for either the 6230 type phones via an adaptor (included) or the 6310 type phones.

I've definitely decided to sell the 850 now. I prefer driving my S60 so it's time to move on. Given the "current market conditions" I'll now take a grand for the car with 12 months MoT and the brakes and exhaust fitted, or £850 for the car as it is with the spares included.

Cheers,
John
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 18:10   #5
ovlov25
Premier Member

Hi

you have pm
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 18:11   #6
John_C
Allons-y!

And now.... (drum roll )..... some interior pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3180.JPG (109.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3181.JPG (107.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3182.JPG (111.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3282.JPG (133.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3283.JPG (119.1 KB, 20 views)
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 18:57   #7
John_C
Allons-y!

The car is now sold
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 21:02   #8
craig8661
Master Member

just had a run out in it with will freash of the boat and by god did it put a smile on my face.

NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER any information i give is soley on my own findings and mess ups
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craig8661 For This Useful Post: