Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Adrian Flux Insurance Services – 15% discount for Volvo Club

Views : 100090

Replies : 89

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2017, 08:21   #51
pacman67
VOC Member

Got three volvos , one learner and one twenty year old, can you be competitive ?
currently held: V70 P3 D5 SE LUX, XC90 MK2 Inscription Pro.
pacman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2017, 21:43   #52
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Hi,
We can certainly have a look at it for you. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 15:31   #53
Turbodave
VOC Member

Seeing as we all love to share a horror story...

I'll buck the trend, been insured with Flux for about 8 years over a variety of cars from standard, utter garbage to modified stuff and always found them to be spot on to be fair... granted some days are better than others but that's life and I accept that but in terms of attitude, knowledge and prices (for me) I've not had anything to whine about.

Currently have all three cars insured, think I've probably paid for their CEO's holiday this year and the office Christmas party but such is life... all three insured for a reasonable sum, no buggering about with the policy set up and they do what they say they will and come renewal are always happy to match / do the best they can. Dear say I could save a bit tenner here or there but I can't be bothered trawling the internet for days or playing off 27 companies to save 76p.

To be honest, I'd sooner pay a bit more and speak to pleasant people who actually sound like they care, want to help and get the job done right than speak to somebody who really doesn't care... probably the main reason I've continued to give them my business since Jesus was a lad.

Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 09:42   #54
tickedon
Master Member

I guess you don't want my business then?

I've been using Chris Knott to get insurance for the last 4 years. After a renewal price rise last year and again this year, I decided it was time to shop around - so I came to these forums and saw the Adrian Flux advert.

I phoned up on Wednesday, spoke to a nice chap, but at the end what I can only describe as "pressure selling" began - the quote was only £10 cheaper, then it became £30 cheaper after a quick check with a manager, with the usual "it's a live systems so prices will change" and every trick in the book. As we discussed the detail of the policy, it seemed to be poorer cover in every way - higher excess, higher windscreen excess, windscreen repair charges etc. to the extent there might not be any savings at all.

I drive lots of miles each year including to rural Devon, and have had to claim for windscreen and also had someone drive into the back of me (thankfully no-fault claim so their insurer settled, but, the potential was there). The level of cover and detail is therefore important to me - I asked if the details of the policy could be sent to me. Then I got a spiel about "why don't you put a deposit down today, it's free to cancel if you do so before the start date? That'll give you time to read the policy docs". Funnily enough no, I'm not going to sign up to something without reading the small print for cancellation terms.

The chap did agree to send me the details - but sadly they've never arrived. He asked when he could call me back and I said late on Friday, he confirmed he'd be working until 7pm and would call - no call back arrived.

Am I unique in wanting to know the detail of what I'm purchasing before I buy? If so, I apologise for the fact that having a law degree, previously managing a legal practice, and now working for a company that sells high quality insurance (sadly don't cover cars with modifications) means I want to know the detail of what I'm buying. But I honestly haven't experienced such an old-fashioned 'hard sell' and reluctance to share details of what you want me to buy in years. I can only assume I wouldn't be very impressed when I saw the detail, hence the reluctance to share.
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 21:31   #55
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with ourselves. I'd be more than happy to pass your comments on to training manger regarding this. I would appreciate it if you would be so kind as to forward me your details so he has something to reference.
Regards,
Dan.
Old Jan 31st, 2018, 19:53   #56
spacesickrat

Default just insured

I've just insured with Adrian Flux a couple of days ago, wonder if i can still get the 15% off even though I've already accepted
spacesickrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2018, 11:15   #57
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacesickrat View Post
I've just insured with Adrian Flux a couple of days ago, wonder if i can still get the 15% off even though I've already accepted
Hi there,

Our staff will usually ask if you are part of an owners club / forum. However, if you wished to PM your full name / postcode I can double-check to see if we have applied the club discount?

Thanks,

Dan
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 21:11   #58
J30 YAP

Legalise daylight rubbery. You would not even know if you got a discount.
J30 YAP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J30 YAP For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2018, 14:16   #59
The Thong
VOC Member

Hello Dan,

I have a V60 Cross Country 2.4 D4, what kind of increase would I be looking at if I had a Polestar upgrade done?

Cheers

Alan
Old May 27th, 2018, 23:28   #60
The Thong
VOC Member

It’s good to know that Flux doesn’t look at this very often.

TT