Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dash cam approved option for new Volvo?

Views : 29785

Replies : 118

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2019, 17:31   #21
WhatNext?

Quote:
Originally Posted by encroute View Post
Hi @Kentish/@Bloke69, You couldn't tell me which fuses (I assume you used fuses, not an OBD connector) you used for Permanent live and Ignition live?

I think my 900S-2CH is mis-wired!

I thought that too when I first got it installed. What is the problem?
Old Mar 6th, 2019, 10:26   #22
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
It does sound like a great idea in theory, but are the forward and rearward facing parking cameras not a bit low down for this kind of application? Also, they can get very wet and dirty.

:wq
Yep. For the forward-facing view it would be better to take a feed from the Intellisafe camera at top of windscreen as long as it didn't compromise the performance of the safety systems.
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 11:10   #23
Kentish

Quote:
Hi @Kentish/@Bloke69, You couldn't tell me which fuses (I assume you used fuses, not an OBD connector) you used for Permanent live and Ignition live?

I think my 900S-2CH is mis-wired!
Sorry can't tell you as mine was supplied and installed by http://blackvue.co.uk/

Previous MY18 S60 R-Design Lux Nav T4 Auto
Kentish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 13:34   #24
encroute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke69 View Post
I thought that too when I first got it installed. What is the problem?
The device is not always coming on.
I think it's staying in parking mode (Not fully checked the output yet)
It occasionally logs onto the Phone's shared WiFi, but not always.

I feel the issue is the Ignition isn't being identified, and I suspect it's jumpered into an unsuitable fuse.

Took it to a Volvo dealer - the Service Manager tried to explain that "Volvo say a camera could affect the radar of the Intellisafe system". While I understand a power issue could affect a car - light going into a lens and a 2.4Ghz WiFi signal cannot affect a radar system otherwise every mobile/iPad/laptop phone would be affecting the car. He said he'd ask the engineer to call.

He called - and said they normally hardwire from the centre console, under the cigarette lighter socket (Unfortunately that fuse in in the engine bay). I asked for a suitable fuse in the passenger bay fuse box - and he repeated that they normally ... etc etc.

If there's no suitable fuse, tell me.
If there is - tell me.
Why is this like getting blood out of a stone?

How is yours wired?
PLEASE!
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 13:54   #25
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
How is yours wired?
PLEASE!
I'll repeat my earlier post on this thread!
This thread covers the installation of a dashcam in an XC60 or V60 without accessing the inaccessible fuse box.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288747
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 17:34   #26
WhatNext?

Sorry mine was installed (hard wired) by the shop. Fuse was from passenger side box

It goes into parking mode after being stationary for about 5 minutes.So if PMP if off, it shuts down before that, assuming you get out of the car and close the door. The Power to the camera is switched on with door opening. So in my usual use (PMP OFF, so no parking mode), the camera switches on when the door is opened.

If Parking mode was active, it switches to normal recording after driving about 100 yards, not with ignition.

Last edited by WhatNext?; Mar 7th, 2019 at 17:41.
WhatNext? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 20:20   #27
mr rusty

Hi have a teletrac navman tracker camera setup installed. This is part of a mega US company, so they obviously are happy with installing without risk of comebacks. The installer said he has fitted many volvos - no issues.

Hard wired into feeds under centre console accessed through passenger side panel. No issues whatsoever. Camera stays live for a little while after shutdown and then turns off.
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 11:11   #28
tommyPLxc60

Quote:
How is yours wired?
PLEASE!
Try different dealer I guess
tommyPLxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2019, 21:03   #29
Volvonoddy

Hi,had my nexbase 512 fitted to my xc60 by Halfords and have had no issues at ll.
Volvonoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2019, 21:07   #30
Pipps

Is there any way to hard wire into the fuse box of a 2019 XC60?
Pipps is offline   Reply With Quote