Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ClassicSwede PROBLEM

Views : 712

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 19th, 2019, 20:05   #1
Blueballs744GLT16V

Default ClassicSwede PROBLEM

Anyone else having trouble dealing with ClassicSwede?

I ordered a set of shortened shocks for my 740 on his webshop on June the 14. To be honest the ONLY reason I ordered at ClassicSwede was the saving of 20 pounds vs. Retroturbo. They were in stock both places, or so it said, but apparently that was not the case. Instead I had to e-mail Dai to find out that it was NOT in stock. From there I sent him e-mails every now and then, up until the last 2 weeks where I e-mailed him almost EVERYDAY with no answer. Order was put in AND PAID on the 14. of June and my order was sent to me on the 31. of JULY!!!

When the package finally arrived, there was 1!!! shock in the box, no spacers and the shock that was in it should be with " 20 click adjustment " but of course that wasn't the case either.

I e-mailed him straight away and got an answer relatively quick, but he still hasn't found a solution to this problem.

1. Wrong product and WAY to long delivery time
2. Only 1 shock in the box
3. No apparent interest in fixing this issue
4. Still no answer to my MANY e-mails.

Should have learned from the last time: We made a group buy for our 740´s, 70/50mm lowering springs. They arrived after a few weeks, BUT disappointment followed. The rear spring lowers the car the 50mm as they should, but the front springs lowered the cars about 35-40mm. With shortened shocks. His answer to this ( after I cannot remember how many weeks of unanswered mails ) and after he tried a set himself " If you cut 2 coils they lower the car 70mm "
We got the springs around New Years 2018/2019 and there are no solution to this issue yet.

Anybody else have same "great" experience with ClassicSwede

Cheers, D

Last edited by Blueballs744GLT16V; Aug 19th, 2019 at 21:04.
Blueballs744GLT16V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueballs744GLT16V For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 21:18   #2
kenny
Master Member

I don’t know the guy nor have I dealt with him but doesn’t sound good. How did you pay?

1. Credit card, contact them open dispute. Parts not supplied.
2. Debit card, as above, use charge back system.
3. PayPal, open dispute.

No luck with any of the above, small claims court and avoid him in the future.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 21:56   #3
Selby

Few people seem to be struggling to contact him at the moment.
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 08:56   #4
T5Sweep
Master Member

I gave up trying to chase the £50 he owed me for a returned steering wheel boss, wouldn't touch his services with a barge pole.
Absolute crook.
T5Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 09:36   #5
abdiel
VOC Member

Crikey, the problems this guy has caused stretch back a long way & he should by now be a Pariah!
abdiel is offline   Reply With Quote