Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How to lift up DRIVe?

Views : 520

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 19:54   #1
Tiku

Default How to lift up DRIVe?

Hello! I have an excellent V70 DRIVe (2011), but it has one problem: too low suspension. I know the lowered suspension is an economic issue with this model, but I find it a bit difficult when driving not so good roads.

I think there is no way to lift the vehicle up with coilovers while they are planned only to get car lower. I have tried to find out if it would be possible to fit V70 D5 shocks and springs to my car. I have found that the width of the D5 front springs is a bit larger than the ones from the DRIVe. Is this a problem?

Have anyone made this kind of modification to DRIVe? I would be happy to get some information how it should be done. Thanks!
Tiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 11:51   #2
AlexV70Drive1

I’d also like to know this as I want to change my suspension on my DRIVe v70 but I asked around and they tell me only Volvo sells the shocks and springs for my car.
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 12:33   #3
Tiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexV70Drive1 View Post
I’d also like to know this as I want to change my suspension on my DRIVe v70 but I asked around and they tell me only Volvo sells the shocks and springs for my car.
That sounds familiar to me, too. When I asked local Volvo-parts dealer, they said that it is very difficult to say if the result is wished if I only change springs and shocks. So they recommended to buy a proper coilovers. There is not very many coilovers that can lift car up.
Tiku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiku For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 4th, 2020, 06:38   #4
green van man
Premier Member

Not much help to you I know but this and ease of getting in and out was the reason I bought an xc70 drive e.

Wether the springs and shocks from an xc 70 will fit, which is quite posable given my xc70 drive e is 2 wheel drive not all wheel drive I cannot say with certainty but they look very similar.
It was a limited production run and mine is a MY10 car with the 175 bhp D5 engine fitted if you want to go looking

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2020, 18:09   #5
AlexV70Drive1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiku View Post
That sounds familiar to me, too. When I asked local Volvo-parts dealer, they said that it is very difficult to say if the result is wished if I only change springs and shocks. So they recommended to buy a proper coilovers. There is not very many coilovers that can lift car up.
I’m not looking to lift mine like the OP, I just want to replace mine with new units the same spec if possible but no one will sell me any and tell me I must go to Volvo and they will sell me what I need. I just like to shop around for parts and do my best to not buy from the dealer as they tend to be more expensive and I don’t care if parts are original or not just a good quality brand. Coil overs are out of the question because I’m not a track racer and they will ruin the ride and handling for me because I couldn’t afford some decent ones. Just standard is fine with me.
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote