Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driver profile: Preferred Bluetooth device

Views : 1632

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:23   #11
mkelly21

I was thinking could it be the phone.. I have a iPhone X and the missus is an iPhone 8.

I'll try my work phone which is an iPhone 7 and see what it does....
mkelly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:39   #12
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkelly21 View Post
Now this is really weird.. I started from scratch and removed both the phones from bluetooth and just paired one.

The phone is connected fine. Then when I lock the car and come back to it later it says 'phone disconnected' I then have to click on the phone before it'll connect again.

Is there a known issue where Sensus doesn't reconnect the phone?

I clearly need to get this resolved before looking at profiles etc..

Thanks all for all your help so far..
.....but you NEED to LOOK at Profiles 1st as it is the User PROFILE that stores/holds the settings data that is applicable to each User Profile.
This thread has all the info needed to set you on your way, my advice whilst you are setting up your car is to keep your profile UNLOCKED so that every tweak you make will be stored........after those 1st few days then LOCK your Profile to prevent any accidental changes from mucking up what ever you had setup.
Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:54   #13
mkelly21

Thumbs up

There was one fatal flaw whilst I was testing.. I didn't have the engine running each time!

Unless I started the car the phone remained disconnected. Soon as I started the car the phone connects!

I've now allocated each phone to their respective profile and it works like a dream.

Thanks for everyone's input & perseverance with me.

@simonjedrake that's great advice about keeping the profile unlocked for a few days.

Thanks all...
The Following User Says Thank You to mkelly21 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 21:56   #14
mkelly21

Looks like I celebrated too early..

Had to move the car so went out with my other half's key (couldn't be bothered to go & get mine) it opened & it loaded her profile but my phone connected.

Changed it so that it was her phone and saved the profile. Went & got my key, opened the car and her phone connected (when it should have been mine)

Went & got her key again, opened the car & it loaded her profile but my phone connected!!

Long story short - this doesn't work, disappointing when our 11 year old BMW did this flawlessly..
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 23:56   #15
Whiterdesign
Master Member

You cannot save the phone to the profiles. The car will default to the last phone used. If it doesn’t find that phone it will change to the phone it can find. So if you and your wife get in car and you use your key and your wife was the last to drive then her phone will connect .