Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Discounts still available? Recommend me a dealer!

Views : 2031

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 5th, 2012, 13:18   #1
stranex

Default Discounts still available? Recommend me a dealer!

Hi all,

I was looking at purchasing a new D3 SE Lux last year but circumstances meant I had to delay my decision. I'm now back "in the market" and by way of research I had a quick look at DriveTheDeal to get an idea of current discounts available. Last year, I was looking at maybe a 10% saving on new (the dealer even offered me 5% without even asking!) but it seems that now there are no discounts to be had?? Is this just beacuse the 2013MY has just been introduced or is there a new Volvo UK policy? Either way, anyone able to recommend a dealer still willing to offer good discounts? I'm in Hampshire but not adverse to travelling for the right deal

Cheers

Steve
stranex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 15:37   #2
Ransman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranex View Post
Hi all,

I was looking at purchasing a new D3 SE Lux last year but circumstances meant I had to delay my decision. I'm now back "in the market" and by way of research I had a quick look at DriveTheDeal to get an idea of current discounts available. Last year, I was looking at maybe a 10% saving on new (the dealer even offered me 5% without even asking!) but it seems that now there are no discounts to be had?? Is this just beacuse the 2013MY has just been introduced or is there a new Volvo UK policy? Either way, anyone able to recommend a dealer still willing to offer good discounts? I'm in Hampshire but not adverse to travelling for the right deal

Cheers

Steve
Volvo dealers are now allocated only a limited amount of stock so it will not be in their interest to give lots of discount if they can sell all they can get hold of. When I was in my local dealers a few weeks ago they had sold all of their allocation and were waiting for more to be released. Limiting stock is the traditional way that Audi and BMW keep the dealers margins high and help keep depreciation low so it sounds like Volvo are trying it too.
Ransman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 16:19   #3
stu0710
Master Member

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Steve
Hi - I got 16% from DTD 18 months ago but you're right nothing at the moment, although orangewheels appear to still be offering the SE Lux with a 4.7K discount (roughly 14%)

http://www.orangewheels.co.uk/buy-new/volvo-xc60.html
Old May 5th, 2012, 16:26   #4
jimbg
Master Member

Try Autoebid, I used them last September for a D3 AWD SE Lux and they were by far the cheapest.

Seem now to be quoting discounts on the D4!!
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:22   #5
stranex

Cheers chaps, may well explain to lack of discounts around. Been looking at used examples but they seem to be going for the same I could buy new 6 months ago which is slightly irratating! Contacted one local dealer and best he would offer was £500 off the asking price on a 12 month old d5 se lux :-(
stranex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 10:48   #6
jimbg
Master Member

I think 16% discount is acceptable on Autoebid, slightly less than I got last September but you need to give the dealers a chance to bid........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (46.8 KB, 15 views)
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:12   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I realise that it was couple of years ago and we were then in the even deeper depths of recession that now but I managed to get a better deal than all the online sites by actually going to meet the dealers and chatting with them.

I ended up choosing Ian Hunt at Squire Furneaux in Guildford and I can thoroughly recommend him and the dealership - the after service has been excellent.

I suggest that it would be worth talking to them face to face, you might be surprised with what you can negotiate on the price and included accessories or future service
Old Aug 6th, 2012, 16:54   #8
bdthompson

Heard lots of good things about Orangewheels..... saved my Dad a fortune on a Merc..... Mother-in-law on a Land-Rover...... Give them a go!!
bdthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 19:05   #9
blackrat

Default Deal of the week???

Ordered my V60 D4 R-Design Nav yesterday from Regent Automotive (Bishops Stortford) Got a saving of 23.8%! Well worth a call. Volvo have a last minute push for the new Reg change on 1 Sep.

Ring Stuart Davey on 01279 213999. Very professional and helpful.
blackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 19:30   #10
JetBlastDeflector
XC40 P8 FIRST EDITION

Quote:
Hi all,

Cheers

Steve
Go to Snows Winchester and talk to Jenny Thomas.
I bought a brand new factory ordered XC90 there eight months ago with over £10,000 off.
email: jenny.thomas@snowsgroup.co.uk
JetBlastDeflector is offline   Reply With Quote