Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2009 C70 T5 Park Assist Problem

Views : 901

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2016, 17:02   #1
andyf117

Default 2009 C70 T5 Park Assist Problem

Searching through the forum in general reveals that issues with the Park Assist system are not uncommon....

In the last few days, I've been experiencing a single continuous tone when engaging reverse - not every time, but most. First time was on Saturday, whilst parking after a two hour drive - didn't happen when parking at work Sunday night or at home Monday morning, but did last night and again this morning.

With the contnuous tone, did not get any warning when reversing towards railings at work as normally occurs. System switches off and on using Exit and Enter buttons, but no fault/service messages are displayed.

Saturday was fine and dry all day, and it's not rained since, just been cold and a little damp.

As I can't find anything specific to the C70 here, could anyone please advise where I can find the Park Assist Module in order to check connections there, and if it's possible to check individual sensor connections without having to remove the entire rear bumper?

Current: 2019 V40 R-Design T2 Pro in Ice White
Previous: 2009 C70 T5 Sport in Polar White
Prior: 2004 S40 2.0 Sport Lux in Black
andyf117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 18:46   #2
paddyred
Master Member

Hi there, as far as I am aware (The wiring diagram doesn't help much) the unit is wired into the rear light cluster on the right hand side of the vehicle. Have a look at page 26 on this PDF. The module you are looking for is PAM (Parking Assistance Module)

http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/v...%20Diagram.pdf
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 10:54   #3
Proghound
Volvo and Audi owner

I had that on mine for a while. I would fairly often, but not always, get the continuous tone when reversing, over a period of 2-3 months. But I never got a 'Park Assist Service Required' message on the dash. Sometimes it seemed that it would be OK when reversing uphill but not downhill, other times it made no difference. In my case I think it started after I hit a large puddle at 70mph in the dark & rain on the M1 (that was a scary moment!). I suspect the water got to one of the sensors and it took that long to dry out because it was winter. It's been fine ever since.

You can find out which one (or more than one) of the sensors has the problem by listening to them. With ignition on and reverse selected, put your ear down to bumper level near each one in turn. IIRC you can also press Enter on the console to turn the beeper off to help you hear them. Each sensor that's working correctly will be making a regular clicking noise. My problem one had an irregular, almost continuous output. AFAIK a completely silent one should trigger a message on the dash, so I think you should expect to hear something from all four of yours.

Current: 2012 C70 D3 SE Lux Solstice Geartronic, Caspian Blue.
Also: 2002 Audi A2 TDI SE, Crystal Blue
Previous: 2008 C70 D5 SE manual, Flint Grey.

Last edited by Proghound; Mar 16th, 2016 at 11:04.
Proghound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 22:13   #4
andyf117

Thanks for the link paddyred, gives me an idea of where to look - don't want to start pulling up boot lining in the wrong places....

Thanks for the info, proghound, good to learn that it may not be permanent, though in my case no puddles were involved! Will give the listening thing a try....

Current: 2019 V40 R-Design T2 Pro in Ice White
Previous: 2009 C70 T5 Sport in Polar White
Prior: 2004 S40 2.0 Sport Lux in Black
andyf117 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andyf117 For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2019, 07:42   #5
Cobra1

Hi I’ve got the same problem with the parking sensors
How did you get on with your problem
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote