Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Shiney MINT 240GLT Manual

Views : 3664

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 18th, 2008, 20:28   #1
Mike1967
Premier Member

Default Shiney MINT 240GLT Manual

I am very very regretfully having to sell my pride and joy due to personal reasons . The GLT has had no expence spared on keeping it this good ! The paintwork is rust and dent free with a beautifull glossy shine to the red paintwork , not faded like some red cars . This GLT was seen by many last year in various classic car shows .

This 1990 example of a Volvo 240 GLT was bulit at the Volvo manufacturing plant in Gothenburg , Sweden .The GLT or ( Grand Lux Touring ) was a high specification variant of the 240 range with stiffer suspension and a larger capacity engine . Internal specification was also higher with front/rear electric windows , steel sunroof and full leather seating .

GLT saloons and estates are some of the most sought after variants of the 240 range .

The car was registered new in the UK in 1990. All body panels/fittings and major mechanical components are original .The only modification being full Jetex exhaust system

The car comes with a very big file which informs of the service history and extras that have been purchased and added . For example the car has had new headlights due to the old ones fading , new grill and badges allround also the car is now sitting on IPD lowering springs which I think makes the car look that little bit better , plus gives a lot less roll when taking bends . The GLT also has a custom fitted Jetex exhaust system fitted , this does not make the car excessivly noisey rather than it gives more of a lower sound over a standard exhaust system . It does not sound like a boy racer chav car !

Also a rare set of extra gauges which show the outside temp ( a clever red light illuminates when the temperature hits freezing ) , oil temp , and battery amps . All illuminated at night .

The full black leather interior can only be described as immaculate , no cracking to the leather or splits or buttons missing or discoloured and smells gorgeous . Electric windows all round and a manual sunroof , all of which work perfect .

I have added a set of front Hella driving lamps which are controlled by a seperate switch on the dash . Some may not like them , in which case they are easilly removed by the basic diy'er .

As mentoned the car is rust and dent free , the tyres are all very legal with plenty of tread left on them , alloy wheels and chrome wheel nuts look just superb wouldnt you agree ! I urge anyone to find another one as good as this for sale .

I am also including a Moltex outdoor car cover ( not a cheap street bought one ) purchased last year for £115 from Hamilton Classics , numerous manuals , books , door pockets uncracked , spare centre consol , spare door mirrors and general odds and ends for this model .

So whats wrong if anything I hear some people asking . Well there is a slight rumble from the nearside front bottom ball joint when driving over rough bumpy roads , nothing else as far as im aware . Engine is smooth and rattle free , uses no oil or water . The car is getting on for 18 years old , but really belies its age and often gets admiring looks .

£1,000

Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 02:53   #2
rossmcf9
VOC Member

ebay listing pulled 3 times - the prick won't sell
rossmcf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 10:49   #3
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmcf9 View Post
ebay listing pulled 3 times - the prick won't sell

Not called for that post Ross !

Probably people like yourself think its fun to bid and win then decide not to make contact to collect .
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 12:03   #4
rossmcf9
VOC Member

Sorry Mike that may have been a bit rude but :

8/12/08 "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

item relisted and sold on 9/12/08 but sale fell through??? You are terribly afflicted with this problem.

14/12/08 "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount." Rubbish, the listing was a buy it nor or best offer only!

and it's back on ebay again........

I think the problem is that it's just not worth what you want for it.

Oh and I only bid on things that I want and have never mucked anyone about when it comes to payment.
rossmcf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 12:37   #5
Mike1967
Premier Member

Indeed Ross your quite correct . I seem to attract the wrong type of bidders . As an example someone bidded then contacted me to say he didnt want it due to buying another car . I mean some people are just crazy .
It wont be relisted if it doesnt sell now , just not worth the fees ebay charge everytime someone messes me about .
Have a good christmas Ross , good to hear from you !
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 12:45   #6
Steve and his 244
VOC Member

Any pics of the engine bay now you've cleaned it Mike?
2003 titanium grey V70R auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by john h
That Steve is a very bad influence.
Steve and his 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 13:20   #7
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and his 244 View Post
Any pics of the engine bay now you've cleaned it Mike?
Sorry Steve I dont . My camera has decided to play silly buggers , dear Santa !
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 13:44   #8
Velorum
VOC Member

I think that its worth the asking price.

I am of course biased as I used to own it and know first hand about all the work thats been done and whats been spent!

However, it should be bourn in mind that with the way things are at the moment people are being more careful with there money and there are real bargains to be had in respect of good used cars - even from dealers that are desperate to move old stock. This was the case in relation to the 740 estate I bought last month from a dealer - I still cant quite believe the deal he agreed to.

Rumination to one side its worth as much as someone is willing to pay and thats the bottom line.

Ian
Velorum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Velorum For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 13:51   #9
pete-d
pete-d

You've not had a lot of luck selling your 240s on ebay Stig.

I seem to remember you had similar problems trying to sell your LPG powered 240 GL earlier in the year.

Pete

C30 T5 SE Lux 2007
S80 2.5T SE Lux 2009
S60 D4 R Design 2013
pete-d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pete-d For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 14:04   #10
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-d View Post

I seem to remember you had similar problems trying to sell your LPG powered 240 GL earlier in the year.
Well, at least that one has been resolved. Its safely tucked up in my garage...................

Last edited by Velorum; Dec 19th, 2008 at 14:07.
Velorum is offline   Reply With Quote