Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Spotify update won’t install

Views : 9431

Replies : 117

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 4th, 2019, 08:40   #21
tricky13

did a quick search and this seems to be happening in quite a few countries.
you think they would check these sort of things as this happened to me on the last major spotify update.
The time and cost (to volvo) of fixing such a simple thing like an app update is crazy.
tricky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 11:31   #22
Lexman8
Premier Member

I got the update notification yesterday evening.

These app issues have being going on for literally years. Their testing and quality control seems to be severely lacking and they appear to have learnt nothing.

Volvo should've immediately withdrawn the update given the number of reported problems but here we are days later and it's still being pushed out and failing.
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 11:49   #23
taylora

Strange as I actively checked yesterday and no update showing for mine.
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 13:06   #24
James77

Just wondering if anyone has reported this to Volvo UK and what was their response?
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 13:29   #25
Milliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylora View Post
Strange as I actively checked yesterday and no update showing for mine.
The update showed up on mine yesterday, but like most, just returned an error when I tapped it. The update is not showing now on mine either.

As Lexman says, it's not a new problem and persists even after the 'big' system revamp in 2017, which on the face of it, seems to have been mainly cosmetic.
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 13:55   #26
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky13 View Post
did a quick search and this seems to be happening in quite a few countries.
you think they would check these sort of things as this happened to me on the last major spotify update.
The time and cost (to volvo) of fixing such a simple thing like an app update is crazy.
Happened to me also. 0.00 mb 😂🤭

then fails...

Oh Volvo... Volvo... what I'm gonna do with you... 😝
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 14:11   #27
James77

From Volvo uk:

We have been made aware that Spotify are experiencing a global disturbance which is causing numerous issues.

They have assured us that they are working on a solution however in the meantime they have temporarily removed the app from the Download Centre
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 14:39   #28
scw

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
From Volvo uk:

We have been made aware that Spotify are experiencing a global disturbance which is causing numerous issues ...
I received the same response, word for word. I was under the impression that Volvo develops the app in-house (based on various past messages on Spotify’s own forums) but this suggests otherwise.

Still sounds like the buck is being passed...

Steve
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 17:10   #29
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
From Volvo uk:

We have been made aware that Spotify are experiencing a global disturbance which is causing numerous issues.
Well that's somewhat disingenuous, not to say misleading. I've numerous devices with Spotify and all the ones I've just tried are working fine. It therefore seems to be a Volvo-only problem and not a 'global disturbance' (as in the Force, voices crying out, etc).

Quote:
They have assured us that they are working on a solution however in the meantime they have temporarily removed the app from the Download Centre
Who has, Spotify? So Volvo don't do any testing of their own and just let the app developer post stuff in the download centre? That would seem very unwise.

Mine is completely gubbed now and I'm going away for a week. Okay, taken in isolation it's a first-world problem. But all these little niggles (and some not so little) add up. Will Volvo be the automatic choice for my next car? Err, no.

Last edited by Lexman8; Jul 4th, 2019 at 17:14.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2019, 18:22   #30
Obix

Same issue here.. forced me to update then failed to install. Deleted the app and the replacement is 0.0Mb in size. So no Spotify for me, seriously unimpressed.

This is my first Volvo having had a run of BMWs. I have to be honest here... there is just no way that BMW would have allowed this to happen.
Obix is offline   Reply With Quote