Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec

Views : 4637

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2017, 21:41   #1
Considered1
Premier Member

Default XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec

XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2.0 D4 FWD AUTO 8 SPEED - Massive Spec

Dear forum folks, I'm doing the supercar thing before I hit 50 and I can't afford to keep the Volvo as well but I'd like to buy it back one day.

I'm offering for sale my treasured XC60 R Design Lux Nav Auto in Saville Grey
I've owned it since new and it turned 3 in May so Full MOT with no advisories. Volvo Extended Warranty till May 2018 (you can extend a further 3 years)
Main dealer transferable service plan for the next two services in 2018 & 2019

Literally nothing to do so I refuse to give it to the dealers to mark it up by 4-6K
just turned 45,000 miles today in regular use so grab it while you can.

Had the final EGR Fix last year, all paperwork and documents available for inspection. Plate not included but open to offers but you can see what my original plan was but i'm not wasting money on another new car. Used RS6 in my sights so need the cash for running costs etc.

its the latest 8 speed silky smooth gearbox as in the new 60/90 models and to be fair its the same VEA engine which they've got a bit more power out of but with less economy. Has Nokian Weatherproof tyres fitted so not needed 4 wheel drive but I'll throw in the snow socks just in case. - used once before I put these tyres on.

Driver Support Pack
Winter illumination Pack
Volvo On Call with App and sim card slot for wifi hotspot in the car
Privacy Glass
Front & Rear Park assist and Camera
Gear Shift paddles
Volvo Dog Guard and Load Liner

see pdf for full spec, first to see will buy, there are no cars cheaper on Selekt or Autotrader for this spec.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170725_191646.jpg (324.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170725_191715.jpg (361.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170725_192233.jpg (215.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170725_192254.jpg (312.9 KB, 76 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Volvo XC60 R Design Lux NAV 2014 MY15 2.pdf (504.8 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by Considered1; Jul 25th, 2017 at 21:55.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2017, 21:52   #2
Considered1
Premier Member

Link to Autotrader listing, which has a few more photographs..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01707267742298

thanks for looking
Old Jul 29th, 2017, 23:58   #3
Considered1
Premier Member

Just to clarify the car has Full Volvo Main dealer service history and last service was May 2017.

Next two services are covered free as balance of the original 5 yr plan that I took at the time of purchase.

May 2018 & May 2019
First service to actually pay for will be 2020.!

That's 3 years reduced cost motoring. Brake fluid was changed at yr2 as per Volvo's recommendation.
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 18:58   #4
Considered1
Premier Member

Quick update folks, price reduced to £21,500 on Autotrader last week but the RS6 I was after has been sold. So I've booked it in for Polestar Upgrade next week and due to complete lack of interest from anyone I guess I'll be keeping for a while at least. There are hundreds out there, lot of basic models but maybe at 20k+ folks need finance, which I can't offer.

Might be a good opportunity to turn this thread into a buyers guide for XC60 and i'll start with what I was looking for 3 years ago when I ended up with a new car.

It was because I couldnt find any with the options I wanted and my criteria has always been the same and I would do it again in a heartbeat but would be interested to see how others value options. Clearly dealers dont!

Option (Price New) What I would pay
8 Speed Geartronic (£1,550) £1,000 **
Volo On Call (£ 450) £ 500 **
Driver Suppor Pack (£1,900) £1,000 **
Front Park Assist (£ 325) £ 200 **
Privacy Glass Rear (£ 350) £ 250 **
Rear Camera (£ 375) £ 200
Winter Pack (£ 675) £ 300

** are my must have's

The Option i'd value the least would be

DVD Players £1,065 £ nil - kids want internet now!

And the car I would always walk away from

Beige Leather £whatever £ nil -makes me feel ill!

Not wishing to cause offence to anyone, we're all different but interested to know what folks value, what are the must haves and what is a complete no no!

Finally a picture, Volvo On-Call on Apple Watch, comes in handy...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watch.jpg (82.0 KB, 47 views)
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 00:24   #5
olly

.....as you already know I would really like a sunroof. I think they brighten up the interior nicely and great to have open when it's sunny but not too hot day.

My current car (Merc CLK) has a cream coloured interior which I personally think looks quite nice - though it's getting grubby. Most other interiors I've seen in other makes they same to have picked exactly the wrong shade of beige so I'm with you on that.

Of all the factors, interest in your car is probably most influenced by its price.

As I said on my thread in the wanted section - I've seen higher spec cars with 10k less miles only a few months older for £19K.

I personally don't think I'm going to need to pay a vast amount more for all the options you've listed and a sunroof. Perhaps a grand or a bit more over what a base SE Lux / R-Design spec will fetch.
olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 10:58   #6
MikeIOW
Premier Member

There are very few options that add significant value (£££) to a vehicle, I suspect.
& that has pretty well always been the case.
What those options should do is make that car more desirable to purchase over the one without those options.

I imagine I will be in the same boat when we decide on a change: Stormy had over £6K of options added....I doubt I will see much of that on changeover.....but the key is I chose them for *me* to enjoy (& I love them....even the daft 'clip the kids ears' folding headrest button has amused us a few times and is handy to clear that rear view!).
Even things like DSP - an expensive option - most people won't know the benefit and pleasure of having those features. To me, adaptive cruise is now on my "must have" list for any future car....but a secondhand purchaser of my car is unlikely to appreciate that enough for it to make a difference, sadly!

Once private sales are over £10-15K that is also a barrier to many on the finance, as you said above: that is where part-ex may be the best option.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:

Tags
xc60 rdesign lux nav auto