Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1988 Volvo 240GLT Auto

Views : 4316

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2017, 19:02   #21
240T
VOC Member

Back up for sale. Little more info....

The Virgos are in good shape and the two fronts have both recently had new tyres put on them and haven't seen 30 miles on them at least. Cosmetically this car could do with a clean up and the rust areas needing attention but the mechanical bits are all as strong as they were when they left the factory. The sunroof I managed to get some lithium grease into the mechanism when I first purchased it but Terry has lost the handle over the years - you can get these from Skandix in Germany I believe who I frequently use.
It has almost 12 months MOT after I had the brake distributor valve in the engine bay changed with a brand new replacement from Brookhouse Volvo in Ipswich. Dad and I have gone over the mechanicals and electric systematically to ensure it'll pass through the next one no problems at all. It has also had a few bits of welding done in the months before it was passed to me to look after. The inner wheel arches could do with grinding back and respraying or possibly welding, up to you.
The heater motor will either need a replacement or some lithium grease on the motor bushings as they've worn over time - but the heating element still works fine, toasty after about 5 minutes of driving. The auto box needs a kickdown cable replaced (~£20 from Brookhouse or Ebay - part number 1239932). The radio doesn't work but powers up fine - baffled me a bit but I think it's down to it being a display model, so I reckon a new head unit it'll be fine as the speakers work. The sunroof needs a new handle and there's some rear window trim that could do with a respray.
I had two new rear tyres fitted back in December/January time, Toyo or Kumho I can't remember which - lots of tread left on the others plus the spare. It'll come with a cam belt, paperwork and the various Volvo tools that Terry was given from Volvo when he bought it plus Volvo screw jack.
Asking price is £1995 ONO.
More to list but forgotten for now.... I've got about 100+ sheets of paperwork that'll come with the car including original bill of sale, Rudds Volvo services and so on.
If anyone wants more photos just ask and while it's sunny I can get them done. It's still taxed so if you want to pop by for a visit by all means take it for a test drive but you'll need insurance....! 2 owners from new.
240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 19:04   #22
240T
VOC Member

I can get more photos and specific ones if needed, it's on my driveway at the moment but photos were taken when it was on Terry's. I've got my SE 240 Turbo so just need it sold.

Tim
Old Apr 13th, 2017, 18:57   #23
240T
VOC Member

Going on Ebay this weekend.