Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940td auto saloon and 740se saloon for sale

Views : 553

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2017, 12:00   #1
hef

Default 940td auto saloon and 740se saloon for sale

Hi everyone, it is with a very heavy heart I find myself putting my 940 and 740 up for sale but due to a new job and way too many projects I've come to the conclusion that 5 old Volvo's are too much to complete. I'll try not to bore you all but if anyone has any specific questions by all means get in touch and I'll try my up most to answer.

The 940 is a 1993 GLE turbo diesel auto in metallic grey with 180 thousand miles. It has full grey leather (no rips but some cracking) its probably the most comfortable car I've ever sat in in !. I bought it off an old couple who had it for 20 years and they're son had maintained it well. He rebuilt the head with new valves, gaskets, 6 new injectors, glow plugs and timing belts just before I bought it. Since I've had it I've spent a fortune rebuilding the brakes and suspension. (All genuine discs and pads, calipers rebuilt or replaced) track control arm bushes (also genuine) shocks,track rod ends etc to get it driving well. It was serviced in April with Mobil diesel oil and fram filters so no worries on that front. There are a few marks on the body where the previous owners caught the rear drivers side quarter panel and door, there is also a little rust on the passenger side wing (I have an excellent replacement for this). My plan was to get the damage repaired and put it on my MK18 alloys but I'm not going to get the time to finish it. Its MOT'd until February so it's ready to go there are only a few GLE TD's left on the road so she's well worth saving !!! Plus most of the donkey work is done for you.

The 740 is a 1990 facelift 2 litre manual saloon in 406 metallic blue. Its done approximately 100 thousand miles since new.I rescued this one from under a tree last year where it had spent 10 years and this is the one I really love !! It drives superbly after its recommission and its had a small fortune spent on it this year. (I've got receipts for over £1700 and I've misplaced a few) its had a new radiator,thermostat, water pump timing belt etc (way too much to list here) the brakes have all been rebuilt with genuine front pads and Lockheed discs all round, new shock absorbers all round (Monroe and KYB) new Yuasa 5 year battery and all filters changed. The interior is blue cloth (one little burn on one seat) and is a very nice place to be. The headlining was in a terrible state so that was professionally replaced (£400) and now looks fantastic. Externally there are a few chips and one or two little dents but it is 28 years old after all. I've put new rear clusters on it and replaced the front indicator units too which made it look a million times better. It has Virgo alloy wheels with brand new Uniroyal rain expert tyres fitted.it has only just had a complete Simons exhaust fitted too (Thanks Brook house for ordering it in from Sweden !!) This car just needs to be enjoyed !! The MOT is up in December so it will have a new one asap.

I've got both cars as mechanically sorted as possible but unfortunately I've run out of time and room to make them concourse. They both drive excellently and need minor finishing off ( the 740 needs very little, I'm very fussy !!) I've also got some parts for the 940 available separately (brand new Pierburg vacuum pump,Gaz rear coilovers, eggbox grille and a few other bits and bobs.

I hope I'm being sensible with the pricing but I'd like £595 for the 940 and £950 for the 740.
I've also got some aftermarket wheels for sale too !!

Being new to the forum please excuse the lack of photos but if any of you are interested please send me a private message with an e-mail address or phone number and I'll happily get back to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks and all the best,
Hefin
hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2017, 19:45   #2
justmoo

Hello there.Could you please send me some photos with both vehicles at calincoman00@hotmail.com.I'm more interested in the 940 but I would like to see the 740 aswell.My name is Colin and I'm based in Falkirk,Scotland but willing to travel the miles for the right one.I will get back to you as soon as i recieve your e mail.Thank you
justmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 17:26   #3
hef

Evening everyone. Thanks to the people that have Pm'd about the cars and the wheels. I have replied to you all but if anyone hasn't received anything please let me know and I'll get back to you.
Thanks again,
Her.
Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 17:27   #4
hef

Her I meant 😂
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 22:57   #5
Richie8285

Hi Hef please can you email some pictures of the 940? My email is rdh.bmw77@gmail.com

Many thanks

Rich
Richie8285 is offline   Reply With Quote