Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon Estate EBay

Views : 2873

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 17th, 2022, 18:03   #21
Moomoo
VOC Member

That’s great, Amazon estate cars are a benchmark in beauty.🥰
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 18:35   #22
gillberry
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissup View Post
Hi all. I'm the new owner of WSV240. I'm taking delivery of it on Tuesday from Ipswich. It'll be residing in Leeds for the foreseeable. I tried to buy the car when it was at the ACA auction but I was working in Dubai and couldn't get onto the auction. I couldn't believe my eyes when it popped up on ebay. I've spoken to the guy that sold it and I'm happy with the current condition and go into this in the knowledge that work will need to be done.

My ambition is to restomod the car but with sympathy to originality. I'll post some pictures when I've had a bit of time with the car. I'm sure i'll be asking for help over the next few months and years.

Regards

Chris
Congratulations
Always good to know one has gone to a good home. Looking forward to seeing updates

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gillberry For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 10:27   #23
Vissup

Default Update

So I've had a couple of months with the car now when work doesn't get in the way and I'm still pretty happy with her.

The first problem that needed to be dealt with was the brakes as when we rolled it of the transporter it carried on going backwards down the road until a handy kerb was deployed! Given this, I decided that the way I was going to attack the work was to start at the front and go backwards. I removed all the front suspension and brakes and had anything salvageable blasted and powder-coated and anything that wasn't was replaced. I've decided to lower the wagon so I purchased a 60/40 lowering kit from Dai at Classic Swede.

So the front is done for now and now that it stops I can get it to the body shop to sort the structure. The passenger side floor has a big hole in it as does the bulkhead in the same area. Out riggers need some attention as does one of the chassis rails. I suspect this will be the expensive part...

Other things that need attention...

Engine leaks like a sieve and smokes. Anywhere a gasket is leaks. Water, oil, diff... Undecided what route to go with the engine. Current thinking is a B200FT.

Interior is shot. Full refurb required. Thinking front buckets and keeping the back bench.

Pictures for your entertainment, more to follow...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vovlo 1.jpg (147.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Vovlo 2.jpg (163.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Vovlo 3.jpg (395.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Vovlo 4.jpg (421.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Vovlo 5.jpg (305.9 KB, 23 views)
Vissup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vissup For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 12:43   #24
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Nice project. The estates typically go around the rear lower corners, the rear lower panel below the tailgate, rear side window apertures and then the usual places forward. The inner arches, outer arch repairs, floors, outriggers, outer sills, and front inner wings that Brookhouse sell are all good quality. Get the good floor pressings if needed not the cheapo ones as they are not decent.

Worth starting a new thread of the build, always nice to see a restoration. 👍