Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 4c c2502 FRONT RH shock absorber

Views : 326

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2022, 17:08   #1
Lancee
Premier Member

Default Volvo 4c c2502 FRONT RH shock absorber

Below is the text from my e-bay listing. Going live tonight @ 7.30 pm. After I had done it my patently obviously better half said about letting the Volvo forum know. My main aim is to get this to someone who may have a use for it. Happy to come to some arrangement with a forum member to our mutual benefit. To be honest it's not about the money, but I would like a fair and hassle free disposal.

"I was in two minds as to whether to list this or not, but I know how rare and how sooooooo expensive these can be.
It's a used SINGLE (only one of) FRONT RIGHT HAND 4c shock absorber which came out of a 2005 Volvo v70 D5 estate. Probably due to potholes the left hand one failed at MOT testing time due to (allegedly) visibly leaking (but with no error codes) so the pair were replaced with new leaving this, what was apparently still working at that time spare.

I know how much these can cost and how near impossible it is to find a used pair or even one !

I have listed it as I would feel dreadful disposing of it when I am minded that it could get someone out of trouble in some way.

The box is only illustrated for information as it is the one the new replacements came in.

I have listed it at £50.00 and am sorry that it might sound bad but any less (particularly after sale fees) isn't really worth my time, unless someone turns up with some cash and a big smile ! I would really like like a hassle free sale so am open to offers. As previously mentioned I do have the box as illustrated so would be willing to pack in that, but can't accept responsibility for any damage if a buyer is minded to organise a courier pick up.

Please take a good look at the pictures and ensure that the part number/s are correct for your car, it is what it is. Any questions please just ask away. Willing to reasonably work with any potential buyer. Again, subject to ease of collection circumstances, perhaps make me an offer ?

I see it says Benteler on the label, and that they are shock absorber manufacturers so I assume an OE supplier to Volvo, as the car, which I still own and use, has full documented Volvo service history. Therefore I believe a genuine sale of a genuine original item."

Last edited by Lancee; Jun 16th, 2022 at 17:27.
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote