Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

lower engine mount part no. 9480189

Views : 715

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2022, 21:59   #1
Alpine

Default lower engine mount part no. 9480189

as per my earlier post, I need to replace the lower engine mount (driver's side) which is Volvo part no. 9480189.

Seems the cheaper more common mount which is available for about £30 won't fit my car.

My Volvo dealer in Leeds will charge £143.40, which is the same price as the aftermarket one from PFS, see here https://www.partsforvolvosonline.com...d19f30c1cae905

I could order one off eBay for about £100 but it would be coming from Latvia in July!

I assume I have no option but to buy the Volvo dealer one, and swallow the cost. Just thought I'd post to see if anyone had any better ideas.
Old Jun 6th, 2022, 22:48   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

When I changed mine on the C70 I bought a Meyle from ebay. Very, very good quality and identical to the original one. I think I paid about £50 for it.

I will check the paperwork in the morning and confirm the seller info.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 09:05   #3
ITSv40
VOC Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351578113422

This is the seller and the part I bought for the C70. Genuine Meyle and identical to the original Volvo mount. I appreciate it would appear that it is a different mount to the one that fits your car, but looking at the PFS link the illustrations are the same mount as indeed are the ebay ones from Latvia etc. The mount that I bought was identical to the one in the illustration, so not a generic photo.

The fitment checker in the ebay link lists it as fitting 850 - now I know these are not entirely accurate - but why would Volvo change a mount for a short period of production and then start fitting the earlier mount to later cars.

Not sure if this helps, but hope it does.
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 12:39   #4
Derek UK
VOC Member

I paid about £30 for one for my 2000 V70. The difference here seems to be that the turbo engined one is more expensive. Not sure why but the turbo might put more strain on the mount and it is a really HD one. For normal driving I'd say if the cheaper version physically fits, consider using it.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 21:13   #5
Alpine

many thanks both

the ebay Meyle one says it fits the Turbo to Chassis No. CH 540000. But mine is after that. I think they must have changed the mount design for the 1999 model year.

This is the one I need. https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...lower/1015916/

The two holes are central to the triangle shaped bit. All the other cheaper ones (including the Mayle one) have the holes slightly offset from centre and the triangle bit is not quite the same shape
Old Jun 7th, 2022, 21:32   #6
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
many thanks both

the ebay Meyle one says it fits the Turbo to Chassis No. CH 540000. But mine is after that. I think they must have changed the mount design for the 1999 model year.

This is the one I need. https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...lower/1015916/

The two holes are central to the triangle shaped bit. All the other cheaper ones (including the Mayle one) have the holes slightly offset from centre and the triangle bit is not quite the same shape
Yes, it does look like a very subtle difference in the engine mounting holes Whilst it may not look very different in the illustrations, sod's law dictates that it will be very different when offered up to the engine, however, it does seem bizarre that such a small change would be made. I think given the circumstances main dealer is the practical option. Hope you get it sorted.
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2022, 12:19   #7
Alpine

Just an update on this, turned out that Volvo do not stock this part any more so I took the risk and ordered the advertised genuine Volvo part from ebay, coming from Lithuania. Took 3 weeks to arrive but it was spot on, the right Volvo part. Cost £98, which was about £30 cheaper than the aftermarket part from PFS.

Fitted it today and I was surprised how easy the job was and without complication. Of the 4 bolts that need to be undone, 3 can be accessed from the wheel arch but the 4th has to be accessed laid under the car, so I had to use my ramps for that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alpine For This Useful Post: