Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Service and Warranty during COVID-19 Regulation Changes

Views : 15825

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2020, 13:41   #1
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Default Service and Warranty during COVID-19 Regulation Changes

Hi,

Important message from :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith
Can you publish this note I've got today from Volvo UK (see attached)? I'd guess a suitable sticky somewhere (I would do myself but probably don't have access).

Thanks
Paul Wildsmith
(VOC Register Keeper)
Quote:
Originally Posted by email query
Subject:*RE: service and warranty

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear of this. We can confirm that if you are not able to get your vehicle serviced or MOT'd due to COVID-19 we can confirm that your warranty on your vehicle will not be invalidated.

Thank you for contacting Volvo customer relations.

Best regards,

Will
Good Customer Operations Team Member
T +44 (0) 1628 422 522 / T +44 (0) 1628 422 222
custcare@volvocars.com*/*champion@volvocars.com

Volvo Car UK
Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive
Maidenhead
Berkshire
SL6 4FL
volvocars.com
ref:_00D0OZcR5._5003X1rnWNb:ref

Volvo Car UK Limited
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CTCNetwork For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2020, 14:12   #2
chas49

Default Volvo Assist

To add to this, I've had confirmation from the same Volvo team member regarding Volvo Assistance membership:

Quote:
Good Afternoon,

We can confirm that your Volvo assist will not expire if you get your vehicle serviced in the next 7 months.

If you need further information on this please let us know.

Best regards,

Will Good
Customer Operations Team Member

Quote:
--------------- Original Message ---------------
To: custcare@volvocars.com

Subject: Volvo Assistance renewal

Can you advise on the status of the free Volvo Assistance which I get as part of having my Volvo serviced at a main dealer please? My current assistance runs out on 10 April. I had a service booked for 2 April but this has been cancelled by [the dealer].

Obviously I intend to have the car serviced once they reopen and can book me in. Will my Assistance cover continue until this can be arranged?

If so, do I need to do anything to set this up or will you automatically extend all expiring Assistance memberships?
chas49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2020, 15:36   #3
tjtxc60

Default Warranty renewal query

After reading the recent helpful posts regarding Service and Warranty during Covid 19 I contacted Volvo Customer Care online yesterday. In case other Forum members are going to be similarly affected I've copied my message to Volvo below. As and when I get a reply from Volvo I'll provide an update here.

Hi, I hope you are all keeping safe and well. I'm a member of the Volvo Owners Club and have just read on the Volvo Owners Club Online Forum copies of emails from Will Good a Volvo Customer Operations Team member covering Volvo Warranty, Service and Assistance queries arising from the current Covid 19 pandemic and resultant UK Gov restrictions that have been put in place. My Volvo Renewal Warranty, administered by Car Care Plan (Policy Number P37053629), expires on 19/04/2020 and I have recently received reminders to renew which in ordinary circumstances I would do however due to the governments latest Covid 19 age and health and travel restrictions my wife and I now have to self isolate for twelve weeks and will not be able to use our car for that period. Currently the warranty renewal notice says that I cannot purchase the warranty cover after 19/04/2020 but as you can appreciate I will not be able to use the car for twelve weeks so my question is will I be able to renew my Volvo warranty at a later date when the government relaxes the current restrictions ? Thanks for your help in this matter.
tjtxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 12:56   #4
tjtxc60

Default Update from Volvo today - Car Care Plan Extended Warranties

Further to my post yesterday, this is the reply from Volvo that I received today. I'll email Car Care Plan to suit and provide further updates here

Good afternoon Terry,

Thank you for your email below, this is something that will need to be discussed with the Car Care Plan team directly.

They can be contacted directly on 0344 573 8014 or volvo@warranty-admin.com.

Best regards,

Nicola
Holmes
Customer Operations Team Member
T +44 (0) 1628 422 522 / T +44 (0) 1628 422 222
custcare@volvocars.com / champion@volvocars.com
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 12:05   #5
tjtxc60

Please see Car Care Reply below, Forum members thoughts would be very welcome and much appreciated before I reply to CCP. (apologies if this duplicated, I've already posted a similar update about 5 minutes ago but can't see it)

Fri, 3 Apr at 16:55

Dear Mr Titmus,

We understand it is a difficult time for everyone in these uncertain climates we find ourselves in. The underwriters have advised that we cannot allow for gaps in cover therefore if you are wanting extended warranty cover you will need to renew before the expiry date and we can refer you to our finance team to see if you can be accepted for a payment holiday.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can help with.

Yours sincerely

Sean Rodgers

Administration Department
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 13:12   #6
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

sounds reasonable to me. While it may be unavoidable at the moment, how much we use our cars cannot affect any warranty provision (though note that there are two mileage options, make sure you select the lower).
Old Apr 8th, 2020, 14:10   #7
tjtxc60

Default Thanks Paul

Thanks very much for your thoughts, I must say I've never been made aware of mileage options when buying the extended warranties, if possible could you kindly let me know where and how I can see these options as my current 3K annual may drive the price down ... after the Volvo Selekt warranty ran out in April 2018 I paid £595 and then had to pay £795 in 2019.
Old Apr 9th, 2020, 10:44   #8
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

My only knowledge is based on the extended warranty offering from Volvo (but actually with Car Plan) after the standard 3 year warranty expires. The choice is an extension for a year to max of 60K or 80K miles

Details here: https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai...volvo-warranty

To be honest, I only half convinced myself that it is worth it (you only ever know for sure with hindsight). My general principle is to avoid the majority of breakdowns etc.. with sufficient care and maintenance.
Old Apr 13th, 2020, 11:32   #9
tjtxc60

Default Thanks again

Thanks for this and my apologies for not responding sooner. The post 3 year Extended Volvo Warranty product with Car Care Plan is the one I've been using after the Selekt warranty expired in 2018. Thanks for the link, the information is good to know for future reference but having now seen that the lower mileage option is 60K I don't think my average 3K miles per annum will provide any reduction leverage so I intend to put a proposition of a reduced monthly payment to Car Care Pan based on my view that any warranty risk is greatly reduced whilst the vehicle is not being used for this unknown Covid19 period. I don't expect CCP or the underwriters to be willing to negotiate but they are in very commercially difficult times so I'll give it a try, as they say nothing ventured ..... there are other products available on the market for my 2014 XC60 that start when you want them to start i.e. time of purchase so I have that as a fallback if necessary. I agree with you regarding care and maintenance and have been using main dealer services since purchase in 2017 but having previously read many comments on the forum and elsewhere that the XC60's of that era are seen as being very reliable I too wonder if the extended warranty is worth it at nearly £800 now a year.
Old Apr 13th, 2020, 13:30   #10
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

nothing ventured ...