Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Owner Summary

Views : 2286

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 17th, 2022, 18:41   #1
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Default New Owner Summary

Ok I've owned the car for three weeks now and rather than blast on about ooh it does this it does that etc I thought I'd list the feature's I find slightly annoying, some will have been mentioned in other threads but this is how I'm experiencing it right now,

1 - No 70's summer window arm pose as the door line is too high for it,

2 - It catches me sometimes when I want an instant boost, the lag then comes in full pelt shortly afterwards, it's not the box can't decide it's deffo a spool up boost issue even with two Merlins fitted to it,

3 - It's hot! my bonnet after a 40 miler today could almost fry an egg, I also popped the bonnet an hour later and the suspension turrets are still uncomfortably hot imo, it will help with mpg as heat retention is good for diesels and they run more mp's if you take the breaks out of the overall trip,

4 - Silly spec oil, why couldn't they just join the 5/30 club,

5 - Steering, no matter which mode I select the hold point is tight and any movement is like a seized nut letting go, it's an extreme description but until I get used to it it's making my driving look jerky I'd imagine, I'm also 50/50 about the pilot assist, I find it tires me more concentrating on when the symbol is going to go orange or to wiggle the wheel than to actually just steer it myself, for a straight clear motorway it's in it's element but add other factors in and it can get confused rather quickly, the adaptive is excellent though,

6 - Can't see the rear wings, as I garage my cars and the garage isn't much bigger than the car I'm finding the wrap in style of the rear wings mean's you have no visibility of the rear past the rear door handles, turning the mirrors in some helps, it's catching me out when parking as well as the car normally has four feet behind it when I've deemed it's almost against the wall, the sensors don't help as they're having a disco themselves picking up everything east & west of the moon,

7 - I'm finding it hard to judge the near side in much the same way the rear has me atm, rash risk reduction tactics mean I'm nearer the white line than I ever been before, never experienced it in any large car before, Granada, Omega, Superb, I'm blaming the low seating positions us Lofter's have to settle for,

8 - It collects country lane lineage, after going for a spin in the rural area when I get back there's always some sort of plant/grass life hitching a free one near the fog lamp,

9 - The Sensus using USB for music playback took quite some time to figure out, I'm 99.8% now I have a jukebox that itemises properly,

10 - Getting out of her, I'm a big bloke but not of the sumo type, I watched my rake thin mate struggle as well getting out of the other side, I think it's the seat height doing it tbh, we won't mention old bones and stiffness in all the wrong places though,

Well there's 10 observations but to balance it I could write probably 200 positives about the car as well, overall I love it but wish I'd triggered on one two years ago when the prices were sensible, the deal I had wasn't too far in front when you factor in comparisons and the Volvo's up until recently hadn't had the premium loading a lot of other brands have,

Thanks for reading and any opinions welcomed either way.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 18:47   #2
Wizzpop
Master Member

Which Volvo do you have?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizzpop For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 19:13   #3
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzpop View Post
Which Volvo do you have?
Look at my username
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 23:16   #4
Frankiee

I had one of these- get it Polestarred, problem solved. Great car.
https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/m...icle_model=s90
Frankiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 12:48   #5
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiee View Post
I had one of these- get it Polestarred, problem solved. Great car.
https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/m...icle_model=s90
Thanks Frank, it's a bit of a chunk tbh to lay out for a re-map, it's not so bad as to that it's an issue but you'd have thought they would've put a blower on in place of one of the turbo's or optimised it as factory tbh,

I did detect it on the test drive but the rest of the car made me overlook it, I find the best way round it is feather pedal and once it's rolling the issue vanishes.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 19:13   #6
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

I've sorted the hot bonnet,

We were lacking a little bit of coolant, inch below the max level, however today was urban yesterday was motorway and I think it had just done a regen without telling me, normally the revs go up and it goes a bit lumpy but I detected neither yesterday,

Today the bonnet is totally cool like you'd normally expect and the turbo prop on the radiator was seen spinning,

My 1st square of adblue went today, 9 remaining, I had hoped someone had mapped it out prior to me getting it but alas it looks like 10L every 4k now.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 20:29   #7
westcountryjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sninet View Post
look at my username
t4, t6, t8?
westcountryjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 20:44   #8
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote: