Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1990 Volvo 740 GLT estate for sale

Views : 1266

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 20th, 2022, 17:30   #1
Peterquest

Default 1990 Volvo 740 GLT estate for sale

Superb Volvo needs new owner! Excellent 740 Estate suitable for daily use or weekend events.
Volvo 740GLT. G790 UUV.
First registered 14/02/1990.
Model: Estate. 2316cc. Petrol 16 valve. Auto. Grey.
Acquired - 13/06/2015
New speedo purchased August 2016, fitted October.
Mileage on old speedo - 28,868 (old speedo available). Stopped working in 2016
Very little travelled while speedo not working (difficult to keep to speed limits) - say 250. Mileage on new speedo - 4888
Approximate total mileage 33,579.
Overall condition reflects the estimated mileage with no rust and very clean underneath. Some minor bumper and bodywork blemishes but paintwork original and very good. Excellent internal condition, headlining would benefit from cleaning round sun roof. Runs as it should. Excellent tyres and battery.
Purchased originally from Volvo Mayfair and kept in same household since 1992 until I purchased it in 2016. Possibly Taylor Woodrow Property Ltd. company car before that to judge by original Volvo Careline card. Mileage cannot be verified but according to MOT was extremely low in the few years before I purchased it (less than 1000 miles between 2012 and 2015).
Heated seats, air-conditioning, power steering, electric seat adjustment, electric front and rear windows, headlamp wiper/washers, electric mirrors, electric sun roof, Volvo radio, cassette and graphic equaliser, Scorpion alarm (not activated) and Volvo original car phone. Plus usual Volvo heating, lighting and so on.
Owner’s manual including cassette, travel guide, etc, in original cover. Also bills/MOTs available for inspection from my ownership.
I have been unable to post photos here but will email photos if you give me a ring.

Yours Peter
01480 380735
Peterquest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peterquest For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 17:47   #2
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi Peterquest,

Thanks for your post, any guideline as to amount you're looking for this???

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 18:19   #3
Peterquest

Hi Steve.
Dealers seem to be £8k for low milers (but not as low as this) but the local auction house recommends a guide price of £5 to 7k. I think they see it as a collectors car for those wanting this model though I bought it to use. (Then my wife said it was too good for that!) I am open to offers, it will go to auction if I'm disappointed.
Yours Peter
Old Jun 20th, 2022, 20:12   #4
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterquest View Post
Hi Steve.
Dealers seem to be £8k for low milers (but not as low as this) but the local auction house recommends a guide price of £5 to 7k. I think they see it as a collectors car for those wanting this model though I bought it to use. (Then my wife said it was too good for that!) I am open to offers, it will go to auction if I'm disappointed.
Yours Peter
So am I right in saying you are looking for 6k ?

KR

Mark
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 08:54   #5
Peterquest

I don't have the expertise to value a car like this so will first see what gets offered from VOC members. It would be good to have a VOC member looking after it.
However, on the face of it, yes, it looks as if the auction expect + or - £6k which is a fall back for me.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 11:46   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
I don't have the expertise to value a car like this so will first see what gets offered from VOC members. It would be good to have a VOC member looking after it.
However, on the face of it, yes, it looks as if the auction expect + or - £6k which is a fall back for me.
you have the very rare desirable 16v engine so it should command more than any other comparable 940.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 15:50   #7
Peterquest

Thanks for that, Clan.
Yours Peter
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 15:52   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Thanks for that, Clan.
Yours Peter
you are welcome , I used to live in Helston and did the floral dance :-)
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 19:27   #9
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
There is a separate thread on here reviewing sale prices etc. just bear in mind massive amount of late 90 Volvos on at 6.5-8k and they are listed for in excess of 2 years.

Yours may well be worth it but a lot of vehicles advertised are on line in perpetuity….
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 23:56   #10
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
There is a separate thread on here reviewing sale prices etc. just bear in mind massive amount of late 90 Volvos on at 6.5-8k and they are listed for in excess of 2 years.

Yours may well be worth it but a lot of vehicles advertised are on line in perpetuity….
This one is special , it will get a lot of interest due to the engine alone.