Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Exhaust Temp Sensors - how many????

Views : 486

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 08:30   #1
Mattye

Default Exhaust Temp Sensors - how many????

Hi all,

So I've had an issue with the DPF temp sensor on my 2006 V70 D5 AWD.
I had an error code showing the DPF temp sensor was faulty as well as a code showing the Exhaust temp sensor was also faulty. After some investigation by a local garage using VIDA it was shown to be the DPF sensor so I had it replaced.

All good for 3 weeks but now the error has come up again. Same codes and errors.

Does anyone know if a failure of one of the sensors would then throw up an error for the other sensor, hope that makes sense?

Also, are there other sensors in the exhaust system?

As always any info or insight greatly appreciated.
Mattye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 17:03   #2
sv70

I don't know if one failing can put up another fault code on the other, but when my egr valve packed in that also gave me a code for the maf sensor but there was nothing wrong with it. If the faulty dpf sensor did trigger the exhaust temp sensor then i would have thought after the replacement one went in and codes cleared, and restarted it would have been clear. fact that the exhaust temp code-;ECM-2B00, came back on would point to a problem with it could have been coincidence or both were faulty ,as i had the same code a while back and after replacing that temp sensor-around-£75 from FRF-Swansea it cleared, if you change it yourself it is the smallest one right next to the lambda sensor on the cat and will be tight as anything so either a special long reach socket required-17mm or slice 2 slits in a spare socket approx 8mm apart and break off the slither so it clears the cable, removing the strut bar also gives you more working space.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 08:20   #3
Mattye

Thanks for your comments sv70.
I'm hoping its the temp sensor which failed at the same time as the DPF sensor and just needs replacing.
Its back in the garage this morning, as i don't have access to a ramp and don't want to roll around under the car, to read the codes again, as they came on again yesterday after being cleared in the morning.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 09:20   #4
sv70

Hopefully that will cure it, by the way you didn't need a ramp to do that job you access it from the engine bay, after taking the strut bar off it's situated in between the rear of the engine block and the bulkhead/firewall, within easy reach, but the special deep socket is a great help as there's not much room for leverage on a spanner, keep us posted on the outcome.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 09:59   #5
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

What are Volvo's like for being picky about sensors ..

I had an O2 sensor fail on my previous (impreza) and I went through 3 aftermarket ones that refused to work until i finally bit the bullet and bought from the stealers at £250. in fairness it did work I suppose but I wasted a good £150 before getting to that point

far as I know it was 'just' a Denso with a scooby label, but 2 of the others were Denso as well and they failed??

-------------------------
mini project - link
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 11:49   #6
Mattye

so just returned from the garage who plugged VIDA in. Same code as the original problem 2B10 - Particulate filter temperature sensor. Faulty signal.
So what now?
The sensor was Volvo original from main dealer and VIDA says its getting a signal from the sensor.
Any suggestions anyone on further placed to look????