Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

22/23 T8 electric only range?

Views : 947

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2024, 08:24   #11
piorunz

Be relentless in demanding their best offer. Volvo has been running "sales event" since early winter last year, I even booked a visit and explored my options then. Looks like their sales event has never ended.
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 09:09   #12
Murph7355

I typically get the invites once a year, towards the end of the year, so this early is new to me.

Maybe they are year round

Doing more online reading, there have been rumours of a big refresh to the XC90 to run it alongside the Ex90 (I imagine until 2030-2035. I wonder if that will be announced soon, hence their push to sell the current one.

Though have also heard the EX90 is delayed and would have thought they'd be focusing on that.

Who knows.

We have a competitor in the mix so will see what can be done.

Presumably you didn't pull the trigger last year? Can you give a ball park idea on what was on offer?
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 09:12   #13
MK09

Is there such a thing a being able to demand their best offer under this agency model? I understood that prices and offers are set by Volvo, and applicable to everyone irrespective of which dealership you go to. There’s no scope for negotiation, not on new cars anyway. The current offer seems to be £7,000 Volvo deposit contribution, not sure if this sales event includes anything extra on top of that.
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 18:17   #14
Murph7355

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK09 View Post
Is there such a thing a being able to demand their best offer under this agency model? I understood that prices and offers are set by Volvo, and applicable to everyone irrespective of which dealership you go to. There’s no scope for negotiation, not on new cars anyway. The current offer seems to be £7,000 Volvo deposit contribution, not sure if this sales event includes anything extra on top of that.
Deal done.

The deposit contribution was £9k, plus a 0% interest free loan by putting 50% down.

I had thought the cars were a bit cheaper when I was looking last week, but checking again I was mistaken.

T8 Dark Ultimate ordered, Vapour Grey. Deployable towbar.

Car drove nicely in Pure mode and should be good enough for most/all our local miles (school run etc), but it was pretty hopeless in this mode for pulling out overtakes (not something we ever do daily as our miles are down small country lanes). Easy enough to get the petrol engine to kick in.

For longer runs Hybrid mode seemed like the choice. Power mode was only tried briefly.

Steering felt nicer than our 2016 car, and significantly more composed handling and responsiveness (though our car has done 111k miles!).

General quality well ahead of the EV9 we tried, but then it should be really - have ended up paying a similar price with the discounts, but the XC90 is a good 12%+ more expensive against list prices.

More questions to follow in a new thread, mainly on the infotainment which is not an advancement on Sensus from our brief go
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote