Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What is this symbol for?

Views : 1298

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2016, 10:47   #11
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skep View Post
Ive just got the reversing camera but don't have 360 camera, kinda wishing I did cos it looks pretty good and then if have front sensors which I didn't realise I didn't have 🙁 And am kinda missing, may look into a retro Titans see if it can be tied into the existing system
I'm not trying to get your hopes up here but, these are my thoughts:

I had a demo XC90D5 last week. When I strayed near the white lines on the motorway it made a noise from the speakers, but did nothing with the steering. On my XC90 (with intellisafe and Xenium), when I stray near the white lines on the motorway the car tries to steer back away from the line. If I hold the wheel and carry on, then the wheel vibrates to warn me.

On your car you said that when you ran over a white line you initially thought that there was something wrong with it as it vibrates.

So, some XC90's have self steering (ie the wheel moves or vibrates) and some don't (ie you just get an audible warning).

Now, and this is the point I am not sure of. I thought you only got self steering if you opted for self parking, and for self parking you need the 360 camera.

Or perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree...
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 13:59   #12
adrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skep View Post
I may be being daft but I can't seem to find the answer, what is this symbol in the centre of the driver display at the top? I did find it once in the manual but can't find it now and can't remember.....
It's the flux capacitor! (I slay me)

Apparently it's meant to be vehicle status. Ours moves about when you first start the car (well, turn it on as it's a T8, it often never "starts" during trips), and then settles down. I think it's meant to depict that it's checking things.
adrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 20:07   #13
Skep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
I'm not trying to get your hopes up here but, these are my thoughts:

On your car you said that when you ran over a white line you initially thought that there was something wrong with it as it vibrates.

So, some XC90's have self steering (ie the wheel moves or vibrates) and some don't (ie you just get an audible warning).

Now, and this is the point I am not sure of. I thought you only got self steering if you opted for self parking, and for self parking you need the 360 camera.

Or perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree...
I think what I was experiencing was the lane departure warning, I've untucked that on the Sensus and now it doesn't do it. I imagine on a motorway journey it may be good but for the lanes round here that are barely wide enough for a push bike it was doing my nut! But definitely no self park, surround cameras or self steering, maybe next time!!
It had its first wash today, looking all shiney new again since the weather is looking better for a while