Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 Audio Systems

Views : 857

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 12th, 2005, 19:36   #1
Shirt

Hi. I bought a V40 (P plate, 1997, auto petrol estate) this weekend and think it's great. Only downside is that I can't change the tape player currently in it for my CD player.

I've got the correct cables and can physically switch both units, but neither will respond. The tape player worked on the drive home from buying it, but now will not even power up enough to ask for a security code. My CD player (worked three days ago in the car I took it out of) does not power up either.

Has anyone got a clue as to what might be the problem? I'm thinking I might have blown a fuse or something, but the only one I can think of are the interior lights/doors fuses, and everything else works so they can't have blown...

I'm more than a little confused and frustrated, any help would be much appreciated! :-)
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 13:38   #2
chr.kj

Just in case..check the fuses again to be sure.
Usally there is a fuse on the back of the radio/CD player wich you can change (think it's a 10 amp) maby that's broke.

If you are not using a original Volvo CD player you'll need a ISO converter. If you already have that see if any leds are damaged. the power leds are yellow and red and ground is black. Try mesure voltage with a voltmeter (if you have one) to see if it's ok.
chr.kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 21:18   #3
DJ_DAX_SBD

i agree with the above, even with an adapter sometimes the +ve -ve feeds and the constant +ve feed are the wrong way round. get a metre and the volvo wiring diagram.