Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

R Design Lux Nav 65 Plate Spec query.

Views : 1762

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2016, 18:09   #1
shoppy

Default R Design Lux Nav 65 Plate Spec query.

My 2016 model R design Lux nav with winter pack and illumination upgrade should it have a lit auto gear shift changer? Also illuminated door sills? Sorry just trying to clarify as I cant find the older booklet on line only the latest.
Thank you,
Simon
shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2016, 08:46   #2
Joggern

If you add the car to your MyVolvo account, it should give you the full manufacturing breakdown.

Joggern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2016, 10:46   #3
Fursty Ferret

Dunno about the illuminated door sills (don't have that option) but the gear shift is illuminated on the 2016 R Design Lux Nav - assuming it's an auto, of course).
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2016, 14:59   #4
shoppy

Thank you, I found 2015/16 price list and sent them to my volvo dealer and they have now ordered an illuminated gear shift result. They are also going to look into the illuminated side step (trying to decide if that is illuminated tread plates) if so they will order and fit for me as my car has the winter illumination pack.

Could anyone clarify what this should include or what they are particularly the rear theatre lights , Side Step Illumination.

I have dimmed side mirrors everything else in the winter pack as well as illuminated front cup holders.

Last edited by shoppy; Sep 1st, 2016 at 15:44.
Old Sep 1st, 2016, 22:15   #5
volvocat

Don't know if this helps - our new 2017my XC60 SE Lux arrived last week - with Winter Illumination.
It has front & rear theatre lights in ceiling, illuminated cupholders, lights in front foot wells only, lights in front door pockets only and lights under front doors only but no lights over door releases (V/XC70 gets all these front and rear - is the XC60 any less a vehicle?) also ground lights in wing mirrors - but these are standard anyway...
When asking the dealer what was included at ordering time, he seemed pretty confident it included illuminated sides steps - which is certainly the impression one gets from the description but, they aren't - they obviously mean the under-door lights...
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 13:26   #6
shoppy

Thank you, I have the same as you I think there is lighting under the front door when it opened, my dealer is unsure but is happy to have the tread plates that are illuminated fitted.

The theatre light I have a white one in the front but not sure I can see one in the rear. Children liked it in my V40.
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 20:44   #7
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
Thank you, I have the same as you I think there is lighting under the front door when it opened, my dealer is unsure but is happy to have the tread plates that are illuminated fitted.

The theatre light I have a white one in the front but not sure I can see one in the rear. Children liked it in my V40.
Be interesting to see what they try to charge for the illuminated tread plates...

I have the illuminated gear knob but you'd hardly know it because it's directly beneath the front theatre light.
Something else misleading is the description in the configurator of what they call "Interior Lighting High" (why? - drugs ref...?!) which clearly only applies to the -90 series cars, not XC60. I know it's got more disclaimers than an insurance policy, but hardly an honest and clear description.
Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 09:11   #8
shoppy

Well at the moment they will fit them for free, if its what the car should have. They are unsure as I am on what they are. Like you said the description is terrible.

The theatre light is it the white light from the front?
I cant see one in the rear, my V40 had 2 distinctive less that you could customise to 8 colours.
Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 09:28   #9
NigelDay
Premier Member

So I need to understand this better. I have (almost) all the options ticked on my XC60 and my observations agree with Volvocat posting #5. Are you suggesting we should also have what is, in effect, a backlit treadplate ? The top lighting (from the underside of the door) seems to do the job for me.
The CR-V has an Illumination Pack which gives you 'illuminated doorstep garnishes'. Is this the sort of thing we are talking about. Do Volvo make such an accessory ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.

Last edited by NigelDay; Sep 3rd, 2016 at 09:39.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 10:33   #10
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
So I need to understand this better. I have (almost) all the options ticked on my XC60 and my observations agree with Volvocat posting #5. Are you suggesting we should also have what is, in effect, a backlit treadplate ? The top lighting (from the underside of the door) seems to do the job for me.
The CR-V has an Illumination Pack which gives you 'illuminated doorstep garnishes'. Is this the sort of thing we are talking about. Do Volvo make such an accessory ?
Now that's a good question - the idea was put in my head by the salesman, which obviously gives it some credibility - illuminated tread plates for this car do exist but not sure if they are an official Volvo accessory.
Come to think if it, if they are an 'accessory', rather than an 'option', that rather implies they would not be part of any factory pack.

But - I contacted my salesman late yesterday and, as he was still unsure, is getting Volvo's parts 'Genius' (his words!), who is training at their dealership in about 10 days, to call me directly - so we'll get it from the horse's mouth - if we can contain our curiosity until then...!
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocat For This Useful Post: