Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thoughts please......

Views : 1561

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2016, 23:56   #11
tompip

Default hmm

If it was my car then I would locate it and go and get it, I would make the offender sweat and go to the garage in another car and watch them squirm.
Then I'd cite legalities and question their morals
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 07:53   #12
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Their insurance will cover it as long as it is being tested .. I assume that is why he's driving it ? They should always obtain your permission if they are .
The insurance excess is so high that any claim will come out of the garages pockets unless it is something really major like a write off .
If they are not supposed to be in it , why not go there and take it back home then deal with it in the morning ..
I think they would have some difficulty proving it was being tested late in the evening. This thread started at 2154h, so even taking the time to write it, the driving was still very much 'out of hours'.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 08:59   #13
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I would check what you signed when you left the car in the garage to ensure that what they have done is not permitted - I would consider a mechanic taking the car on a drive home then back to work to see if he can identify the rattle reasonable and very possibly covered by the Ts&Cs that you accepted.

I would also approach the dealer carefully, not going in hard since if they have fixed the car what problem is there? You may ask them why the car was taken home to understand if it was against their policy - you may find that this gets you a better response than simply telling them that they are wrong and raising the roof
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 13:49   #14
St James

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
I would check what you signed when you left the car in the garage to ensure that what they have done is not permitted - I would consider a mechanic taking the car on a drive home then back to work to see if he can identify the rattle reasonable and very possibly covered by the Ts&Cs that you accepted.

I would also approach the dealer carefully, not going in hard since if they have fixed the car what problem is there? You may ask them why the car was taken home to understand if it was against their policy - you may find that this gets you a better response than simply telling them that they are wrong and raising the roof
That is the approach I took just now.

I spoke to the technician who confirmed it was him that took it home as the noise is driving him nuts too and his boss told him to take it home and drive it around a couple of places.

They just didn't tell me they were going to do it, which they apologised for, as they agreed they should have.

So, no harm done.....seems they are going the extra mile in the evenings to try to sort it.

At least I know now and he's said it might happen again later tonight if they can't identify it today.

J
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 13:51   #15
Arianne
Premier Member

On at least one occasion I remember the dealer asking me if I would have any objection if the technician used my car for his commute simply so that they could try and identify an intermittent issue that was driving me mad. I agreed.

But that was with prior permission. I wouldn't be happy with them doing that without my permission and I would take it up with the dealership. I wouldn't go ballistic as the relationship is more important here - there is always a tomorrow and most of us need our dealer for the long term.

Hope this helps.

Arianne
Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 18:25   #16
shoppy

I love the VOC app, I can check where my car if the dealership has actually said what they have had a similar issue wth wind noise in my v40. I ws not impressed when dealership could not find the rattle after an extensive 30 miles drive. To which I pointed out that I was not surprised when according to my phone the car had not moved more then a few miles and I even had the start and finish times. They apologised and replaced the seals with out argument.
shoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoppy For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 22:37   #17
GrahamHR

Quote:
Originally Posted by St James View Post
Yes, the Volvo On Call app records the start location, end location, time, journey length, average mpg, etc.

It's irrefutable.

Guess I'm visiting them tomorrow then for a "chat"........
It's not a clever app ; my car went in for a battery issue. The app told me it was at the dealers sales site (correct) , then went to a close by service site (correct). I was phoned by the dealer, to say the car was sorted and the car was on the way home . The Volvo app showed it was still at the dealer when to doorbell rang ! On restarting the app, lo and behold the car was home. It's hardly a tracking device.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 12:25   #18
St James

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHR View Post
It's not a clever app ; my car went in for a battery issue. The app told me it was at the dealers sales site (correct) , then went to a close by service site (correct). I was phoned by the dealer, to say the car was sorted and the car was on the way home . The Volvo app showed it was still at the dealer when to doorbell rang ! On restarting the app, lo and behold the car was home. It's hardly a tracking device.
But it just needs to update.

Sometimes it shows the last location, and then just says that it's in use.

Then it will update when the car stops again.

I think it's great personally, but each to their own.
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote