Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Hybrid, as good as they claim?

Views : 1476

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 24th, 2017, 21:59   #11
steadvex
Master Member

I must admit i love mine, my driving gets me 90mpg overall, commute is pure electric most of the time.

Long journeys i seem to be able to get 60 mpg with it.

As for charging, i find 3 pin lead takes around 5 hours, type 2 around 2.5/3 hours from empty.

It has flaws, but i generally love it, biggest gripe for me is the autobox, its my first auto (excluding our leaf) and i just miss the smoothness of gear changes you get with a manual, i come from a sport remapped D5 s60, so im used to a more powerful diesel engine, but with the electric motor power mod is quite a bit of fun, can easily get 30mpg if pushing it hard!

I think used a few years old is reasonable, its nice the satnav is updateable cor free, i personally like the infotainment

Biggest Benifit, pre heating, its simply amazing, the push for the d6 was being jealous of my other half have a warm defrosted car in the winter, now having the same ability on the volvo is great, i have paid the volvo on call sub and the upgrade to enable unplugged pre heating, as far as im concerned that makes up for the short comings of the car, the free road tax is nice too.

Would i buy one new? No. This type of car seems to be for people who can write it off on the tax bill in my mind...

Also, for what it's worth the D5 and D6 can be remapped with RICA giving 275hp from the diesel just like the the normal D5 twin turbo...could be interesting

I have the se lux, personally i find the ride on the r design too harsh, as for warranty, i went for a lower mileage one due to the 8 year/100k thing, truthfully i haven't been able to find any evidence of issues with these, engine is a normal d5, unlike other companies volvos don't charge silly money for servicing as a hybrid, i have read about a lot of issues on the t8 versions but none on the v60

There are a lot od good ones around now, personally i would go for one with volvo on call and the driver safety pack, just my preference, a reverse camera is nice, mine does t have it.

Basically test drive one, try power mode and see if you still think diesels are boring!

Last edited by steadvex; Nov 24th, 2017 at 22:02.
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steadvex For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 25th, 2017, 20:10   #12
The Thong
VOC Member

I nearly bought one earlier this year. The loss of boot space and no spare out ne off it tbh. The other issue was charging it, I live on a terraced street so an out of the box idea would have been needed to get the cable to the car... Not practical

Ended up buying a V60 Cross Country

TT
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 18:30   #13
postmandick

I brought a 2nd Hand V60 Hybrid and it's so smooth
I can plug in at work so i can go a whole week without refuelling
Power mode is great but you can get up to 70 Mph on electric only

go on you wont regret it
postmandick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to postmandick For This Useful Post: